Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   bodyguard 380 vs (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/bodyguard-380-vs-77594/)

Crazvet 12-03-2012 10:12 AM

bodyguard 380 vs

I'm new to ccw and picked up a used S&W Bodyguard 380, I like the feel(small yet fits my large hands well for a compact) but the trigger has a long unsmooth pull and I have a early model w the laser button problem. Any info on fixing these problems and general info on how it stacks up to other .380's would be much appreciated

magnumman 12-03-2012 04:43 PM

most da 380's have long pulls. the more you shoot it, the smoother the trigger should get. i have no experience with the laser issue so i dont think i can be much help there. did you buy used?

Crazvet 12-03-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnumman (Post 1037094)
most da 380's have long pulls. the more you shoot it, the smoother the trigger should get. i have no experience with the laser issue so i dont think i can be much help there. did you buy used?

Yes it was used, I've since called S&W their sending new buttons to me, as for the trigger I've been using a quarter resting one the slide while dry firing(the self resetting hammer is great:)

Gonzilla 12-03-2012 11:09 PM

Trigger pulls are usually or traditionally long because there are no safeties and since these CC weapons are often used under high stress situations, the CO does not want you to "Glock" yourself.

Crazvet 12-03-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzilla (Post 1037547)
Trigger pulls are usually or traditionally long because there are no safeties and since these CC weapons are often used under high stress situations, the CO does not want you to "Glock" yourself.

That's the thing mine has a safety, I hope S&W or the aftermarket offers a trigger tune up kit, since the LAPD has made it their backup weapon(minus the laser and safety)

Gonzilla 12-04-2012 02:53 AM

Many people do not want a safety on a BUG - one less thing to go wrong.

If you research the threads, a guy had an issue w LCP trigger and had it sent out. Wonder how much they can do ?

Why w anyone disable a functional laser ? I had to pay extra for mine...CT laser helps overcome speed bump like sights in low light or any light ;).

Crazvet 12-04-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzilla (Post 1037903)

If you research the threads, a guy had an issue w LCP trigger and had it sent out. Wonder how much they can do ?

Why w anyone disable a functional laser ? I had to pay extra for mine...CT laser helps overcome speed bump like sights in low light or any light ;).

I'd be willing to bet the PD asked for no laser to save on cost. The buttons on the laser are a bad design, has soft buttons like a tv remote(not very durable for holstering and unholstering overtime)

Colby 12-04-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzilla (Post 1037903)

Disable laser???
Unfortunately, I bought my LC9 with a laser. Wish I had not. It makes the gun larger and heavier - and in my opinion adds nothing to close up concealed carry self protection capability. That is that gun's purpose, in my collection, ccw. That means very short range point and shoot - not careful aim - point and shoot --- to me! Repeat... to me!
So... disable? How about remove?

Gonzilla 12-05-2012 07:49 PM

If you need smaller, the LCP is about as light n small as you want to get. I have a love/hate affair w mine. I know lots of people want a higher caliber but it comes in a larger package.

YouTube guy - nothingfancy sp - makes a good case for the 9mm. Don't recall if he is a laser fan or not.

TV show "Guns & Gear" makes a good case for the laser in the dawn n dusk ie low light conditions. Hard to use the sights if you can't see them but as you pointed out, it's a CQB - point shoot kind of platform.

Crazvet 02-14-2013 10:43 PM

I've passed my little Smith to a lady friend, taken its place is SA XDs a large step up. I went pant shopping w large pockets being the main concern.