Big day: Decided to Open Carry - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Big day: Decided to Open Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 12:45 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Was kinda wondering that myself Hoss.
And Chary I have my kilt and had no problem wearing it in public. I even go commando at times to get a good breeze

Old 02-04-2012, 12:47 AM   #22

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minionsram View Post
Quote:

And Chary I have my kilt and had no problem wearing it in public. I even go commando at times to get a good breeze
Bit disturbing aint it

Old 02-04-2012, 12:53 AM   #23

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

They had a ccw open cary day in michigan last year and the cops got called to wally world a good dozen times just to see if they had there permit. I thought it was funny as hell.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:54 AM   #24

Liked 263 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charyoutree View Post
I was originally planning to not carry until I got the Permit to carry concealed; but after doing some research on open carry and getting used to the weight of my G22 on my hip, I chose to exercise my right to open carry here in NC. I got some looks from a couple of people but nothing anti or negative. Actually, the greeter at Wal-Mart commented that she liked "seeing a young man ready to defend himself".

Gotta say that the "nervousness"/excitement was a lot like the first time I wore my kilt in public. Next time I go out I'll wear the kilt AND open carry.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Who watches the watchers?) --"Satires", Juvenal (Roman poet)
I was going to say , were you nervous? I know the first time I conceal carried I was pretty nervous. but after a day or two it went away.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:57 AM   #25

Liked 263 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minionsram View Post
what the hahahaha hope it wasnt to much of a breeze for the people around you's sake lol

Old 02-04-2012, 01:35 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Now I ask this with due respect---
Just how drunk were you when the pic in your avatar was taken
I actually wasn’t drunk at all... I grabbed my buddies BCGs and posed for the picture while waiting to start shift.
"This is my shield, I bear it before me in battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my brother on my left. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow. Nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me facing the enemy." - The Law of the Shield from Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield

http://theactionshooterblog.blogspot.com/

Old 02-04-2012, 01:41 AM   #27

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minionsram
I was about to ask you kilt wearers if your supposed to wear drawers under that...

Old 02-04-2012, 02:09 AM   #28
mcb

Liked 71 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 5

When you mentioned wearing a kilt I thought maybe that was the open carry you were talking about.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:46 AM   #29

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

You gotta watch the idiots when you OC. When I was in Monroe,NC a few years back I was open carrying and walked into a Hardees for lunch wearing dockers and a USMC polo while driving my govt vehicle. The manager asked a couple questions like are you a cop blah blah blah. I answered them all nicely sat down and started to enjoy my lunch. Couple minutes later 4 cop cars with lights on come blazing in the parking lot. I was asked to leave after they questioned me for a bit. I guess the dumb a$$ manager didn't like my answers and she thought I was going to rob the place. You gotta love idiots.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:49 AM   #30

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

While NC seems to be steadily quick stepping in the right direction on gun rights, there is still a huge number of libtards amongst the citizenry.

This coming from another Marine who was stationed there, and I also lived near Raleigh as a civilian.