Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   which is better quality product llama .32 pistol or .32 Webley revolver? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/better-quality-product-llama-32-pistol-32-webley-revolver-67008/)

sharpshooterbjp 06-24-2012 11:01 AM

which is better quality product llama .32 pistol or .32 Webley revolver?

I want to know about llama .32 pistol . And what's a better choice Webley .32 revolver or llama .32 pistol?

c3shooter 06-24-2012 11:15 AM

Purely personal opinion here- the Llama pistols were cute- copies of the 1911A1 designfor the most part- I have one oftheir 22s that is a half sized version of the .45. Quality of metal could be....varied. Some were very good- some...... not so good. And they are not around any more. Parts could be a problem. Started back about 1907 under the name Gabilondo.

Webley- made a ton of guns for the British military. Good materials, decently made.

sharpshooterbjp 06-24-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter
Purely personal opinion here- the Llama pistols were cute- copies of the 1911A1 designfor the most part- I have one oftheir 22s that is a half sized version of the .45. Quality of metal could be....varied. Some were very good- some...... not so good. And they are not around any more. Parts could be a problem. Started back about 1907 under the name Gabilondo.

Webley- made a ton of guns for the British military. Good materials, decently made.

Thanks bro

HOSSFLY 06-24-2012 01:08 PM

Well, given those two choices I'd pick the Webley every time-
Plus the Webley is just way in front on cool factors :cool:

BillM 06-24-2012 01:50 PM

As has been stated, the Llama's can be a little spotty on quality. Cute
little pistols--but there are better choices.

32 Webley revolver? Tell me more. I'm aware of the made in India copy,
but which model are you considering? I see a lot of MKIV 38 Webley's,
have one myself. I don't recall seeing any 32's.

Ammo for the 32 Llama is 32 ACP, and available darned near everywhere.

What does the 32 Webley use?

sharpshooterbjp 06-24-2012 03:04 PM

My 32 cal mark IV Webley is Birmingham made and uses s&w .32 long cartridge. It's a medium size frame with short grip.

sharpshooterbjp 06-24-2012 03:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My Webley mark IV 32

Attachment 49864

barneygoogle 06-24-2012 03:51 PM

I have one just like yours that a friend gave me just before he died and I have never shot it. Let me know how you like yours. I had my Llama years ago but it's probably rusty by now since it's been on the bottom of the Chattahoochee River where it belongs, but I have heard people speak well of them...so do your own thing.

sharpshooterbjp 06-24-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barneygoogle
I have one just like yours that a friend gave me just before he died and I have never shot it. Let me know how you like yours. I had my Llama years ago but it's probably rusty by now since it's been on the bottom of the Chattahoochee River where it belongs, but I have heard people speak well of them...so do your own thing.

I love my Webley but the only prob is that its heavy to carry. It shoots well and is reliable.
I was planning to go for llama due to weight of Webley and since in India we can't have more than 1 weapon on 1 license. So if I want to take llama than I will have to sell my Webley and so I am confused.