Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Best plinking 22lr?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 04:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

X2!! In my opinion after shooting/owning/customizing them for over 30 years,the ruger mk 2 is the BEST .22 semiauto on the market! Once you learn how to strip them and they loosen up a tad,they are easy to strip too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
My suggestion for a semi auto would be a Ruger Mark I or Mark II. There are a lot of easy revolvers also.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:28 PM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I decided not to get a Mark II because of how hard it is to strip. I am happy with my Walther P22. If the right deal comes along, I might get a Mark II.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 11-26-2008, 12:28 PM   #13

Default Walther P22

Go with the Walther P22 unless you have very large hands.

Old 12-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #14

I cant but recomend the Walther P22. Mines been great. Just as you said, I used it to coax the wife, She loves it too. Fits her smaller hands much better.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:30 PM   #15

Another vote for Ruger MK II or III.

I own a stainless 678 version of each and wouldn't willingly part with either. Highly accurate, solidly built and reasonably priced... these pistols are tough to beat (especially when equiped with VQ trigger/sear combo).

Disassembly/re-assembly isn't too bad after the first few times. There's lots of instructional videos out there on u-tube.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:45 AM   #16

I just HATE the politically correct magazine safety on the mk3s.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:37 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I just HATE the politically correct magazine safety on the mk3s.

I have to agree with you stalkingbear, the mag safety and the mainspring safety lock too.... Ruger's attempt to protect against lawsuits from the idiots who walk among us.

Old 12-14-2008, 02:12 AM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawn View Post
I have to agree with you stalkingbear, the mag safety and the mainspring safety lock too.... Ruger's attempt to protect against lawsuits from the idiots who walk among us.
Or maybe its because they are trying to sell their guns in MA and CA.

Chapter 140, section 123, of the Massachusetts General Laws states that a dealer may only sell guns that can pass a drop test, are not prone to repeat firing, and which meet a certain materials standard.

In order to make this requirement understandable, the state approved “independent testing laboratories” and a testing procedure. Manufacturers of handguns may now choose to pay these labs to perform the tests mentioned in the law.

The labs sent their certified results to the Gun Control Advisory Board, which reviews the results to ensure the tests were performed properly and that the guns passed the tests. They then vote on whether to recommend that the gun be on the Approved Firearms Roster. The Executive Office of Public Safety then acts on these recommendations and publishes a new roster. These regulations are found in 501 CMR 7.00.

Some smaller manufacturers can not afford to pay for the testing. Still other manufacturers object to the whole concept of the testing, and have no wish to comply. And manufacturers of top of the line competition models costing $1500 and up have no desire to pay someone to drop three of their firearms onto a concrete surface. Therefore, before the testing laboratories were even approved by the state, it was clear several product lines would not be available through Massachusetts licensed dealers.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 12-14-2008, 06:23 AM   #19

I bought a Ruger 22/45 about 18 months ago and I have to say I absolutly love it, target sights but the short barrel I can't think I have ever had so much fun with a pistol.

I have had Rugers over the years starting with the Mk1, but always got rid of them, I think I subconsiously blamed Ruger for bring on the demise of such good qualitity .22lr's, the Hi Standard, Colt etc. But although not an expensive pistol (240 euros here) I think thankfully I am over it.........

Old 12-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #20

Dnthmn2004-I understand the need to keep up with the increasing stipid laws being passed into law,and I understand the concept of trigger/action/hammer key locks to prevent unauthorized use such as kids,but the magazine safety does nothing to prevent it from firing EXCEPT when the magazine is removed.