Best handgun overall - Page 16
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Best handgun overall

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #151
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem870forever
I want to know what the most reliable and accurate pistol is. (calibers 40s&w 45 or 9mm)
The most reliable and accurate pistol around is the one that you will carry daily, can shoot well and feels good every time you pick it up. Caliber will not matter as long as you are comfortable shooting it.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:35 AM   #152

Likes Given: 2

I know this is in the semi-auto section. But the OP asked about the best overall handgun but didn't specify semi or revolver.

But no one mentioned revolvers? Just a thought.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #153

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 20

The best handgun is the one you can shoot well enough, consistently enough, to save your life.

What else do you want to know??

Old 07-09-2012, 05:02 AM   #154

Liked 140 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith_Calling View Post
I know this is in the semi-auto section. But the OP asked about the best overall handgun but didn't specify semi or revolver.

But no one mentioned revolvers? Just a thought.
I said my Colt Python is the best a few pages ago. Then I recommended the Taurus Judge.To me a pistol is a handgun. There are auto loaders and revolvers.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #155

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Well almost every gun made has been listed...not really... there's no best but there are many that say they have the one...1911`s and Glocks come to mind...just by virtue of the number of guns sold by these Mfg`s they must be doing something right or there`s a lot of groupies out there...

I`ve owned most that have been mentioned and I believe the best in class is the HK USP...It does everything right...it`s super reliable...it goes bang when you pull the trigger and has a fabulous array of triggers you can have...very accurate but the only drawback is it`s expensive...Other than that it`s a perfect gun for any type of shooting from competition to defence to range...I enjoy mine very much...but I have to say there are a few others that I liked very much also...

There is one thing to think about if you are relatively new to guns....you will be buying more as time goes on because your mind will get to a new place and justify a different gun or caliber...So buy what you like because you`ll be changing it sooner or later...and that`s a fact...

Old 07-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #156
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

In terms of manufacturers, it really depends on what the intended use is, but in my opinion, I prefer autoloaders over a revolver and like the Sigs, S&W makes the M&P line, Glocks and Beretta, HKs, Colts, Rem, Kahr, are great too. Most of these manufacturers make a 1911 model as well.

But if I were going to recommend anything to someone that is going to purchase their first firearm, I'd tell them to FIRST be sure of what the firearm is to be used for, then budget, then think about which firearm to buy. Once you know what the intended use is, it's important to shoot a variety of models. Find what you're comfortable with, what you're most proficient with and what's in your price range. And do your best to stick to a budget, shop hard you'll find a great deal!!

If you're interested in a Glock, I am helping a friend sell a Glock 19 (compact 9mm) gen 4, it's barely used. All set up with night sights, extended slide release and a trigger job.

PM me for details...

Last edited by drvsafe; 07-09-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:43 AM   #157

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Glock 19 hands down.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:57 AM   #158

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmglocks
Glock 19 hands down.
Have to agree sir. I wish i wish i wish i had a 19 instead of my 17
Old 07-10-2012, 06:03 AM   #159
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

1911! hands down! WWI, WWII, Korean War, VietNam War, and had been the standard issued sidearm of the American Armed Forces for countless years. still used to this day by some elite military units and has been the most copied pistol design of any pistol design. been in production for over 100 years. many others have come and gone over the years, but the 1911 has endured and i suspect, it will endure for many more to come.

it's such a versatile platform also, frome the full size Government model, the mid sized Commander, and the compact Officer model. i can think of no other pistol platform that enjoys the aftermarket support that thee 1911 does. you can build a 1911, from the ground up, and not have one factory part involved. they can be built from mild to wild, for casual shooting, serious target shooting, EDC, and much more. yes, IMO the 1911 pistol design is the best handgun design ever or will ever be.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:18 AM   #160

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjc
Well almost every gun made has been listed...not really... there's no best but there are many that say they have the one...1911`s and Glocks come to mind...just by virtue of the number of guns sold by these Mfg`s they must be doing something right or there`s a lot of groupies out there...

I`ve owned most that have been mentioned and I believe the best in class is the HK USP...It does everything right...it`s super reliable...it goes bang when you pull the trigger and has a fabulous array of triggers you can have...very accurate but the only drawback is it`s expensive...Other than that it`s a perfect gun for any type of shooting from competition to defence to range...I enjoy mine very much...but I have to say there are a few others that I liked very much also...

There is one thing to think about if you are relatively new to guns....you will be buying more as time goes on because your mind will get to a new place and justify a different gun or caliber...So buy what you like because you`ll be changing it sooner or later...and that`s a fact...
Only knock I have against that USP is that it's so darn big. I just bought one and hate it.

Closed Thread