Best handgun overall - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Best handgun overall

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 08:04 AM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf

I was looking for a MK III when I got the MKII, clean, SS, Cocobolo grips,

nice aftermarket scope, case, at a price I couldn't beat.

Otherwise, I would also have a MKIII.

At times, I consider trying to adjust the scope out to

100 yards, to attempt MOA.
Mine is the mark III 22/45, I have a cheap red dot on it now. My 11 yr old and my self try to out due each other shooting a 3" spinner out at 50 yds with 1 mag ea. Sure us a fun time... With a good scope and stedy hand 100 yds u should have no problem.

Rain, snow or sleet.... Mud, sand and dirt.... My GLOCK will work ;)

Old 04-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #112
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21298 Times on 12085 Posts
Likes Given: 53065

hands down, the 1911! the design has been around for over a 100 years and copied by many. timeless and proven, by the military, LEO, and the general public. i believe it will carry on for another 100 years easily!

therewolf Likes This 
Old 04-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #113

Liked 2450 Times on 1396 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticGunner View Post
Mine is the mark III 22/45, I have a cheap red dot on it now. My 11 yr old and my self try to out due each other shooting a 3" spinner out at 50 yds with 1 mag ea. Sure us a fun time... With a good scope and stedy hand 100 yds u should have no problem.
Steady hands? Who has those?

I'd definitely put the 1911A1 in the Top Five.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #114

I have put many a round through both a Glock model 22 and 23. I have never had a jam or any issue with either gun. I would highly recomend a Glock.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:49 AM   #115

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Best hand gun ever is the one you own and won't sell. The one you need that day to fill your needs. And wants. I am still fascinated by the 1911 junkies. I love Brownings genius, I don't get the fever. My MK II can make my day, my other calibers are good for their job or their play. I love my LCP as a limited carry but find little pleasure shooting it. If I could have only one firearm, unlimited free ammo, and no cleaning supplies...I choose a Glock 32.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #116

Firearms are as varied as owners and can be as hard to get along with. The best shooters find a gun and caliber that fits them and stick with it. That dosen't mean the gun they choose is perfect. They haven't made the perfect gun yet. Those that shoot professionally have to tweak their gun to get it to shoot the best for them. A good action job and trigger job makes w world of difference in making a gun fire right for you. A custom fit is where you tend to head if you are shooting Paper. For game or protection where you want stopping power on a Grizzley or a Drug crazed intruder you go for the more powerfull rounds in a gun you can handle. A .500 magnum in a desert eagle is overkill in most situations but when faced with a charging Grizzley you might think differently. The same round in a home protection would definately be over kill and would place anyone in the house in dangerif it had to be used. If you are in a situation where you want home protection in a Pistol, Use hollow point bullets, use of a round with mass (.40 S & W, .45 CAP and the new .50 round) would be optimal. Use of a 9mm with Hollow point bullets would be the minimal for your safety but again you want a gun you can shoot and are comfortable with. Your comfort and familuarity with your gun are the most important things to consider. Many people opt for only a .22 and many people are killed or injured with a .22 each year. Go to a range, shoot some different guns, find one that fits and shoot it frequently, Practice makes perfect in everything.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #117

Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G23LCPK45
Best hand gun ever is the one you own and won't sell. The one you need that day to fill your needs. And wants. I am still fascinated by the 1911 junkies. I love Brownings genius, I don't get the fever. My MK II can make my day, my other calibers are good for their job or their play. I love my LCP as a limited carry but find little pleasure shooting it. If I could have only one firearm, unlimited free ammo, and no cleaning supplies...I choose a Glock 32.
That would all mine the best ever, never have never will sell or trade one just buy more.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #118

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol

That would all mine the best ever, never have never will sell or trade one just buy more.
I've never sold any of mine either. Never bought one with doubt or question. All have patiently waited their turn to be the best.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #119

Liked 2450 Times on 1396 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

I'm going to step out on a limb here, and say let's

choose by using four criteria.

1)The handgun's purpose-defense when a rifle's not handy.

2)Overall popularity-the best known and well liked gun overall.

3)Stopping power-knock-down punch of a round

4)Overall dependability of design and ease of use-

My vote would have to be for the 1911A1...

Old 04-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #120

Default Kimber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfatz View Post
Has anyone gotten their hands on a Kimber Solo 9mm yet? I'm curious as to quality, reliability & value for the money. Since I've never owned a Kimber, I would not know what to expect. I own Khar 9mm, .45's by Colt (2 or 3), EAA(with .22 kit), Caspian from a Kit, Sprfld, Walther .380, I think that is it. (I'm happy with all of them. All good shooter's. Should have added a Wilson & a Brown. I have 3 or 4 1911's I have built from stock guns.
I held onto one and just about bought it.
The trigger pull is fantastic, it is an absolutely beautiful gun, it feels great, it is wonderfully compact and if it had been a little less expensive I would own it now.
The price sent me on line to do research and the reviews were generally good with one glitch and that was that is was temperamental with the ammo and either often or at least occasionally failed to feed.
Since my motive was a CCW I couldn't get past the possibility of a malfunction when I really needed it.
Dennis

Closed Thread