Best Gun Under $300 - 1st Gun - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Best Gun Under $300 - 1st Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 12:23 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 768 Times on 445 Posts
Likes Given: 465

The line of reasoning that says hollow points are a bad thing is just muddle-headed and stupid. Those anti-gun nuts are taking the survival of the perpetrator and trading it for the safety of the bystanders standing behind the bad guy.

Roger that...NJ folklore says that the dopes that voted the HP ban confused them with armor piercing "cop killer" rounds. They have no clue that a FMJ round can cause considerably more collateral damage than a HP round. Combine that with the 15 round limit and you have lots of people loaded out on FMJ 40S&W and 45ACP ammo.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 11-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #32

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Makarov, or CZ-82. Those are my votes.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #33

Liked 1181 Times on 707 Posts
Likes Given: 373

You can get a Hi-point pistol for $150. They are not the greatest and I have only used their carbines which are still less than $300. The carbine I used functioned properly every time. There not the prettiest but they work. There are some good reviews of Hi-points on this site even, do a quick search and you should find them.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 11-17-2009, 09:28 PM   #34

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You ever think about a hi-point c9 in 9mm nice gun a bit on the heavy side but still a good shooter and it's under $200.00

Old 11-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #35

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Zor

If it is truelly a survival weapon you are looking for, then a 12 gauge shotgun is what you need and want. Hand guns are cool but not the best weapon to use for defending the house and family. And as far as hunting to feed the kids, hand guns will not always put the meat on the table, where as a shotgun will.

Good luck.
Jim

Old 11-22-2009, 07:54 PM   #36

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

If $300 is the limit, and you want personal defense and something that will put food on the table, I say get two guns. With $300 you could find a well used (but entirely serviceable) Ruger P85/89 and a single shot 12 gauge. No you won't defend the homestead from a huge band of goblins (but you will put a dent in them), but you will be able to hold your own against a single to a few goblins.

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Last edited by Flint Rock; 11-23-2009 at 10:08 PM.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #37
Zor

Thanks for the help all. I'm still in the process of getting my permit so I have some time to decide. I've been considering the Ruger P95 or like everyone says, a shotgun. I am def looking for something that can be used to hunt and for defense.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:54 AM   #38
Jax

Kel-Tec makes some decent guns for under $300

Old 03-18-2010, 04:19 AM   #39
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 468 Times on 257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax View Post
Kel-Tec makes some decent guns for under $300
He can get 2 Hi-Points.

Go over to the Introductions section and let us know a little about yourself.

This is from November.