Best carry 45 acp
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Best carry 45 acp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 01:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Best carry 45 acp

What is the best concealed or carry 45 and why?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-25-2009, 02:10 AM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

This one http://www.wilsoncombat.com/p_stealth.asp ! Full size, professional upgrades, dehorned for carry.

stealth10.jpg

stealth06.jpg

Besides, you didn't say anything about cost!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:16 AM   #3

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

1coo4860xse.jpg

The Colt Model O486XSE Lightweight Commander

Colt Lightweight Commander XSE .45 ACP Auto Pistol

Colt45ACP.com: Colt 1911 XSE Series Lightweight Commander Pistol, O486

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 10-25-2009, 02:16 AM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

First choice: 1911 Pistol

This choice makes for a great carry .45 ACP because of the ergonomics and the "Condition 1" carry that enables a lightning quick single-action first shot. The pistol is very intuitive to use, and easy to aim. The only drawback on certain models is the 7-8 round capacity. That can be solved by purchasing a double-stack version with a higher capacity. You also have to put some thought into clothing and carry conceal holsters because the size and shape of the 1911 can print easily if you don't do your part.

Second choice: Glock Model 30

I'm not a fan of Glock personally, but I have to say that the compact Glock model 30 with the 10 round capacity of .45 ACP makes it a great choice for concealed carry. The recoil is fairly light for being a smaller pistol, and you almost can't get a pistol easier to use. Load the magazine, rack the slide and holster. If you need it, it's a simple point and click inerface. No manual safeties are on the Glock. You can also use the full size Model 21 magazines if you wish (keep one as your relaod magazine) which ups the capacity to 13 rounds.

Third choice: Kahr .45 sub-compact

Kahr has really set the standard lately with the quality of their compact/sub compact pistols. The capacity is about the same as a 1911, and the ergomonics are great also. These pistols are easy to operate just like the Glock with no manual safeties. The trigger pull is longer due to the DA only design, but good training will get you used to that.

I encourage you to google each pistol I listed and get more info straight from the manufacturers websites.

Good luck.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:41 AM   #5
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Much respect for the 1911 but for me I carry a S&W M&P 45. IMHO it takes the grip of the 1911 then lets you fit it more to your hand with the exchangable back straps and picks up where Glock left of when it comes to polly frame striker fired pistols. The trigger isn't as smooth as a quality 1911 but far better than any Glock.

Shoot your top five at a range that rents and find the one that fits you best.

Good luck and let us know what is choose and why.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

My first choice for would be my Kimber, I'm currently waiting on the holster and some coatings. It's thin and disappears easily.

Second, XD45 Compact, 10+1 capacity but it's bulkier and a littler harder to hide but it can be done.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #7

Liked 89 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by coacho View Post
What is the best concealed or carry 45 and why?
Coacho, I see this question posted a lot. All you will find in asking this question on an open forum is everyones own opinion. These opinions may be coming from very experienced shooters or very in-experienced teens who just want to spout off.. You really never know who you are talking to, unless you have been around the forum for a while.

My suggestion would be go to a few gun shops and ranges, handle everything you can when people will let you, shoot as many as you can and above all, talk to these people about what they like and why. You may also ask LE personel about their likes and dislikes and reasons why. Some may talk to you and some my not.

In the end, the choice you make for a carry pistol should be based on your own judgment based on the above and not just on a few forum opinions.
It is fine to start out here, as we have some great people here with some great info and strong opinions. But the info and opinions are just a starting point.

Good luck in your search for your ultimate carry gun....

Jim.............................

Old 10-27-2009, 04:10 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

...because it rides just right, it is accurate as hell, it doesn't wimper about +p ammo, the more time I spend with it the more I love it like a child and I know I can trust my life to it.

...and a big X2 on the XD45c. Accurate, smooth action, high capacity, lower maintenance and comfortable and easy to conceal (for me) with the right holster.

Last edited by Slawth; 10-27-2009 at 01:24 PM.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #9

IMO I would stick with the 1911 commander 4.1/4, I have the colt & a S&W1911PD,If you want to save money go with the S&WPD I love it great shooter ,easy to conceal IWB,not one prob.IMO best semi auto SW put out.
Don’t get me Wrong I’m a colt guy but find myself carrying the S&W more then my Colt commander or my Colt officer, just a great pistol. I’ll try to load some pic’s Oh and it’s steel.

And MasterPsmith in above post has the best advice, I always letting Guys/Gals fire my pistols at the range to let them get a feel. Good luck and you next headache will be holster.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:40 PM   #10
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I really enjoy my Colt New Agent. Compact, no load issues and gutter sights to cut down on clothes snag.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.