The Best Bang For Your Buck For CCW - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > The Best Bang For Your Buck For CCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus
HOW MUCH IS YOUR LIFE WORTH???????
I hear the going market rate for a professional high profie hit is around $25,000. Of course there are amateurs that will will take a life for as cheap as $2000, more often than not involving drugs.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #22

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I feel like some companies are charging you for their name only (i'm not naming those names). Some are adding extra charge for wear and longevity treatments. Cheaper guns can function just the same, they're just missing the name and the extra expensive treatments that don't affect function. I'd trust my life to a $100 hi point any day of the week if I needed to.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:54 PM   #23

Liked 1001 Times on 662 Posts
Likes Given: 646

Quote:
When it comes to CCW, I am wanting one that is small enough for the pocket, or use a IWB holster. I have a Smith and Wesson .40c, and given the size of this handgun, I cannot see myself using this as a CCW.
Right. I have the Beretta 96A1. I could never carry it concealed. I'm 5'9", and 140. Nope. Sorry. That's why I arrived at the Sig P938. When I get it, I'm going to IWB carry it.

Quote:
Spend the money and get a SIG, Glock, or Beretta.
God knows I love Beretta, but have you heard of all the problems with the Nano? I wouldn't give you $50 for one. Until they figure it out, anyway.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #24

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

One thing I can say about all pocket sized pistols, "I know someone who owns one that either didn't work or doesn't work." I don't think there is a best pocket pistol. They all have problems....It's up to you the owner of the pocket pistol to shoot it often enough to be confident it's going to work when the SHTF.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 11-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

Its hard to beat a CZ82 for the money!!! Check em out.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #26

I have the Ruger SR9C. Picked it up for $379. Fits my hands well(I'm 6'2 with large hands). My issue before was finding a gun that felt good in my hands. The mag extension helps a lot.

Still looking for a S&W Shield. Can't find one for the life of me. On several waiting lists.

Everyone's gonna have their own personal preference.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #27

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Ive been thinking about ways to carry my ruger vaqueros ccw heh.
The Bulldog ring type IWB holsters for a P3AT will fit your vaqueros. It will allow you to carry them IWB. If I can find a SS ruger I will post a picture. Hard to see black on black with my camera.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 11-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Bersa thunder .380 for ~$300.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

slog Likes This 
Old 11-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5815 Times on 3289 Posts
Likes Given: 5285

Quote:
Originally Posted by slog View Post
I feel like some companies are charging you for their name only (i'm not naming those names). Some are adding extra charge for wear and longevity treatments. Cheaper guns can function just the same, they're just missing the name and the extra expensive treatments that don't affect function. I'd trust my life to a $100 hi point any day of the week if I needed to.
And that's why there's so much junk on the market.
When you pay for a SIG, you're getting your money's worth.

Course I gotta admit, there's nothing wrong with a HiPoint for "takin' down a liquor store, or smokin' some fool!"

Winston Churchill

Old 11-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #30

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
And that's why there's so much junk on the market.
When you pay for a SIG, you're getting your money's worth.

Course I gotta admit, there's nothing wrong with a HiPoint for "takin' down a liquor store, or smokin' some fool!"
You'd be surprised at how many rednecks I know that use hi points. I love them. Barely had any problems. Had equally as many problems with the Glock 17. Case in point, you mentioned Sig. The Sig Mosquito is a royal P.O.S. and they charge out the a## for it.