Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > best accurate,reliable .40 caliber,.45, 9mm i could get ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default best accurate,reliable .40 caliber,.45, 9mm i could get ??

hello everyone,i'm a newbie to this forum as well as a begginer as firearms fan. i got my liscence recently.

i know most of you are very,very experienced shooters/guns owners , and i count on your good Q's wich will drive me to my firsts purchase.

as the title say,i'm looking for these three caliber .

i will use all of them for target shooting....and for recreational purpose.

i'm looking for reliability, accuracy for all these guns i want.

first, the .40 caliber. i'm i right, leaning toward glock G22 as accurate and reliable shooting gun, considering i'll probably change the exagonal barrel on it??

also,i want a .45 caliber as well as a 9mm caliber. wich brand would be the best buy for .45 and 9 mm. i dont want anything fancy, just the best reliable and accurate guns money can buy.

thanks in advance for all your imputs ,to all members/users. btw this forums seems to be filled with very cool poeples.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-26-2008, 04:49 PM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

We won't be able to answer you question for you...........

You'll have to go out there and see what pistol you like. Glocks will do the job perfectly fine, but I get concerned about the reports of kB!s out there, especially from the .40 cal and .45 cal versions (I don't understand the .45 claims because .45 has a relatively low case pressure when compared to other calibers).

You'll also notice that there is a good XD and 1911 following on this forum. I tend to lean to Ruger myself because of the excellent reliability and decent costs to purchase.

First off, what is your price cap for purchasing?

Old 10-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

[QUOTE=SGT-MILLER;47135]We won't be able to answer you question for you...........

You'll have to go out there and see what pistol you like. Glocks will do the job perfectly fine, but I get concerned about the reports of kB!s out there, especially from the .40 cal and .45 cal versions (I don't understand the .45 claims because .45 has a relatively low case pressure when compared to other calibers).

You'll also notice that there is a good XD and 1911 following on this forum. I tend to lean to Ruger myself because of the excellent reliability and decent costs to purchase.

Quote:
First off, what is your price cap for purchasing?

nothing over 1200$$. here in that country,you must consider taxes !!

Old 10-26-2008, 04:59 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

[QUOTE=SGT-MILLER;47135]

Quote:

could you explain about .40 , .45 glock issues ??

Old 10-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #5

I recently got a new Ruger P90 for $450

Old 10-26-2008, 05:12 PM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

There's been some problems with kB!s in the .40/.45 caliber Glocks (kB! means KABOOMS).

There have been some argument as to why the glocks literally exploded in the users hands. Some people say it was bad reloads, others say it was a Glock manufacturer issue. Glocks aren't the only ones that have problems, though. Glocks did have about 3 recalls, one of which was involving posible accidental discharge when clearing the pistol of a live round. Any Glock you buy now should have that issue corrected, so you shouldn't have to worry about that.

Video of a Glock 23 (I think might be a different Glock model) going boom:

Old 10-26-2008, 05:14 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy8302 View Post
I recently got a new Ruger P90 for $450
ouch! 450?? mmmha! (maybe i'll move out of here.lol) . i googled it,very nice gun...i dont know much about materials,but i defenatly want a full metal frame for at least one of my new guns. composite is appealing because the weight, but polymer seems curious to me, that's why i have mixed feelings about all the glock series....metal is less prone to deformation under pressure and heat??

Old 10-26-2008, 05:19 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
There's been some problems with kB!s in the .40/.45 caliber Glocks (kB! means KABOOMS).

There have been some argument as to why the glocks literally exploded in the users hands. Some people say it was bad reloads, others say it was a Glock manufacturer issue. Glocks aren't the only ones that have problems, though. Glocks did have about 3 recalls, one of which was involving posible accidental discharge when clearing the pistol of a live round. Any Glock you buy now should have that issue corrected, so you shouldn't have to worry about that.

Video of a Glock 23 (I think might be a different Glock model) going boom:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV3g4UaN0H8

holly sh**...wooaw. very intimidating that vid! i know some users over here say that NEVER SHOOT UNJACKETED AMMO WITH A GLOCK??(lead only ammunition??).

is polymer would be responsible in part for that kind of incident??

Old 10-26-2008, 05:25 PM   #9

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I think it's probably more due to bad ammunition. Without knowing exactly what kind of ammo was being shot in that video, it's hard to say.

There's nothing wrong with polymer pistols. It's up to what you want. There's also a video of a Beretta doing a kB! also on youtube, and they are pretty much metal all over.

Go to this site. It will give you a snap shot of the recalls from the different firearms manufacturers out there. The problems from the recalls are probably fixed and do not provide a good, accurate picture of the current guns reliability, but it does provide some insight into a gun companys quality control and engineering.

http://www.firearmsid.com/Recalls/FA_Recalls%203.htm

Maybe that will provide you a starting point.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:10 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
I think it's probably more due to bad ammunition. Without knowing exactly what kind of ammo was being shot in that video, it's hard to say.

There's nothing wrong with polymer pistols. It's up to what you want. There's also a video of a Beretta doing a kB! also on youtube, and they are pretty much metal all over.

Go to this site. It will give you a snap shot of the recalls from the different firearms manufacturers out there. The problems from the recalls are probably fixed and do not provide a good, accurate picture of the current guns reliability, but it does provide some insight into a gun companys quality control and engineering.

http://www.firearmsid.com/Recalls/FA_Recalls%203.htm

Maybe that will provide you a starting point.

thanks sgt miller. defenatly a good starting point to me. this record point toward problemes of factory defects related to some models ,then directly to engeneering/designs in some particular cases. crucial insights as you said.

thanks for this link , very appreciated.

i defenatly will look at ruger for the P90 for the .40 . seems a nice piece less costy then the G22. i'll get the G22 for sure,but the ruger could be a nice weapon to get.

for the .45 and the 9mm as well, i'll try to go with something else then glock. maybe i'll try one of their rental H&K at the range. full metal frame if possible.