Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Best 9mm on the market?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 05:46 AM   #71
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1273 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 591

There is NO best...that any one of us can pick for you. There are so many sizes and weights, they all balance differently, and a really helpful gun store will allow you to try on a holster and walk around with the gun to see how it feels to carry. The choice of a carry gun is intensely personal and you do NOT want to pick from what someone else chooses for you. Almost everything said here by everyone else has been true, but you may not find it workable for you due to the size of your hand, body, where you're going to carry, the way you draw, etc.

Take some time and make sure you fit YOUR gun to you, and don't be influenced by sales, salesmen or rhetoric - stick to facts and the way it feels as your life is too important.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 08-05-2011, 12:19 PM   #72

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=HighSpeed;555915]People always assume that since a million police agencies issue them it's because they're the best, and I respectfully disagree. They are affordable, durable, and they're easy to teach people how to use. Unfortunately, many people find the Glock too blocky and uncomfortable. Maybe the Gen 4s with changeable backstraps addressed this issue, but I don't know, all mine are Gen 3s.

Actually millions of police and military around the world use Glocks because they are the absolute "BEST" at what they do and that is shoot. The Glock holds the world's record for the most rounds fired continuously without a malfunction of the firearm. This record is well over 100,000 rounds! The Sig came in second with about one third that number. Does that mean a flintlock won't shoot? No, but if your life depends on it what gun do you want to bet is going to fire?

Old 08-07-2011, 01:23 AM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3624

Love my CZ75b. Great all around gun.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:25 PM   #74

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by olafhardt View Post
I am a wheelgun guy but not exactly by choice, a hand injury keeps me from being able to properly hold most SA's. I saw a Highpoint 9mm at a gun show cheap. I wanted something arround that would shoot 9mm so I bought it and some cheap ammo. It has turned out great. I am seriously considering adding a 40 & a 45.

I think he's askin best - not cheepiest
IMO- Browning HiPower but too big for CC
Colt 1911 70 series in the middle of the road
Ruger SR9c for carry

List goes on 'n on depending on needs

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 08-09-2011, 05:50 AM   #75
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1273 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post

I think he's askin best - not cheepiest
IMO- Browning HiPower but too big for CC
Colt 1911 70 series in the middle of the road
Ruger SR9c for carry

List goes on 'n on depending on needs
Thanks, Hossfly! Browning Hi-Power is my carry piece! But I'm 6'4", 235 lbs, Athletic build and I have no problem hauling it around with 4 spare magazines.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)