Best 9mm on the market? - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Best 9mm on the market?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeb39
I have a bersa 380 and feel as you do nice gun,accurate and trouble free.Made in argentina, probably has the hyundau reputation of old.I am looking at a bersa 40.cal
I will have to say....bersas have some of the silkiest smooth trigger pull...love the way it feels. Comparable to a Beretta 92fs

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 08-02-2011, 08:00 AM   #62

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've only had 4 guns so far. 1st was a CZ75B .40 S&W, then got a Taurus revolver .38 special, Now I have a S&W SD9 (9mm that I traded my CZ for) and a Bersa .380. The SD9 is basically a Glock 19 knock off. It's actually my fav gun so far but would probably be too big for concealed carry on a hot day. The Bersa .380 is perfect for CC and is a little more accurate but of course not as powerful. My next gun will be a Glock 26 if that says anything. Which is probably perfect for CC in a 9mm. Although I'm sure the Bersa 9mm as mentioned would be just as good for a lot less. Just my .02 cents

Old 08-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #63

For me it really depends on what you would be using it for but I might be a little byist because of my love for Glock. I would have to say that my favorite 9mm is the G19 because of it being not to bulky and easy enough to conceal but still has a 15 round mag.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #64

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I agree with hardcore, I used have a G19 and it was an awesome gun. I sold it to a friend that needed a gun for a security guard job, I miss it. I put thousands of rounds through it without fail, and it could put a box of ammo in a hole the size of my fist from 30 yards. Great to carry with high cap mags, very reliable, and I think it sets a standard for what 9mm should.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

The answers you will get will all be subjective. There are a ton of reliable 9mm pistols out there today that will reliably feed fmj so you have many to pick from. I'm partial to the Glock 19 & 26 myself and they are the only two 9mms I own. Some people however don't like the Glocks and prefer the Springfield MP line which are also solid pistols. Or the FNPs, anything from Hk, etc, etc.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #66

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I'll vote for the Glock too. The only reason is simplicity; they're durable, reliable, and ridiculously easy to strip. I own several, and I appreciate them for what they are: reliable weapons. Not necessarily the prettiest nor the most accurate of my collection (That honor goes to my Baer 1911), but if I had to go into a two way range situation, I'd grab the Glock.

People always assume that since a million police agencies issue them it's because they're the best, and I respectfully disagree. They are affordable, durable, and they're easy to teach people how to use. Unfortunately, many people find the Glock too blocky and uncomfortable. Maybe the Gen 4s with changeable backstraps addressed this issue, but I don't know, all mine are Gen 3s.

For your price range, I'd also recommend CZ (I had a CZ75BD, loved it and regret selling it), the XD or the S&W MP. All are excellent guns and will serve you well, and the CZ is definitely way sexier than the Glock.

Gun stores: Where the morbidly obese can pretend to be mercenaries, allude to past experiences in Special Ops, and overuse words like "tactical" and "piece of kit".

Old 08-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #67

Liked 28 Times on 21 Posts

I am going to kick in a vote for Sig Sauer (no surprise there). Reliable, accurate and sturdy in the classic series. My personal choice is the P226, it just fits my hand and the balance is perfect for me. The P229 is good for CCW. And if you want slimmer with a single stack, look at the P239. Single stack and up to 10 round magazines.
They all strip extremely easily, pull back the slide, flip the lever on the left side and the slide and barrel slip forward off the frame, total time, maybe 3 seconds max.

I will qualify my recommendation by saying that all three of these are metal frames, not plastic, so they will be heavier than some of the other suggestions. Bear in mind weight does absorb recoil. JMHO

If I have to explain it, you probably won't understand it.

Last edited by Thebiker; 08-04-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebiker View Post
I will qualify my recommendation by saying that all three of these are metal frames, not plastic, so they will be heavier than some of the other suggestions. Bear in mind weight does absorb recoil. JMHO
That's not your opinion my friend...that's physics.
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 2005

Old 08-05-2011, 01:34 AM   #69
ike

Another vote for the sr9c (at about $400 leaves money for a belt, good holster and some ammo). 10+1 or 17+1`mags. Low recoil with the double spring and a very smooth trigger. But the best advice.......go shoot a bunch and see what feels best to you.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:49 AM   #70

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebiker
I am going to kick in a vote for Sig Sauer (no surprise there). Reliable, accurate and sturdy in the classic series. My personal choice is the P226, it just fits my hand and the balance is perfect for me. The P229 is good for CCW. And if you want slimmer with a single stack, look at the P239. Single stack and up to 10 round magazines.
They all strip extremely easily, pull back the slide, flip the lever on the left side and the slide and barrel slip forward off the frame, total time, maybe 3 seconds max.

I like Sigs a lot, but for CCW they are thick. Like a woman with a big butt wearing skinny jeans. They are great, I have 3 myself and another on the way.