Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Best 9mm on the market?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #51
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznZOhAn View Post
All this talk about 9s is making me want to put AR build on hold for a month or 2 and get a 9. I sold my last 9 to a friend for security guard work.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:09 AM   #52

Liked 40 Times on 29 Posts

One more here for the SR9 club... I have a duotone SR9 and I love the thing. It probably isn't as concealable as say a Glock 26, but in my opinion I prefer my Ruger over the Glock anyday. If you are seriously planning to make this firearm a daily carry piece, then I would shop for pistols designed with that purpose in mind. Excellent options include the SR9c, LC9, Kahr PM9, KelTec PF9 (IIRC), and so on and so on. There are a multitude of small form factor 9s available to us now that are only slightly larger than the tiny .380s that until recently represented the most convenient carry options. If I was spending my money on a gun I thought I would end up carrying I would look long and hard at Ruger's LC9...

Old 07-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #53
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I would recommend a Glock 19 or a Beretta 92FS. I have shot the heck out of both with every type of ammo out there and have never hsad anything go work with either of them. Great guns!!!! I hope this helps you a little bit. Good luck with your gun hunt. Take care, Ed

Old 07-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #54

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werminator View Post
One more here for the SR9 club... I have a duotone SR9 and I love the thing. It probably isn't as concealable as say a Glock 26, but in my opinion I prefer my Ruger over the Glock anyday. If you are seriously planning to make this firearm a daily carry piece, then I would shop for pistols designed with that purpose in mind. Excellent options include the SR9c, LC9, Kahr PM9, KelTec PF9 (IIRC), and so on and so on. There are a multitude of small form factor 9s available to us now that are only slightly larger than the tiny .380s that until recently represented the most convenient carry options. If I was spending my money on a gun I thought I would end up carrying I would look long and hard at Ruger's LC9...
I agree 100%. I carry either my Ruger SR9c or my Glock 26 on my hip with the Kahr PM9 in my pocket in the spring and summer. I haven't considered the LC9, but I'm going to look into it and so far I still prefer the Kahr PM9, because it's just a tad smaller and has more magazine options.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 07-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #55
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2008 Times on 1090 Posts
Likes Given: 723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Oh dear. Looks like Shihan has been playing around in RSG's underwear drawer again.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 07-25-2011, 07:02 PM   #56

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Glock 19 with out a doubt.

Glocks are the most reliable line of handguns by far, accurate, high capacity magazines, comfortable to shoot, easy to conceal, reasonably priced ammunition available everywhere, lots of custom accessories available and can be had new for under $500.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #57

Default Bersa thunder 9

I'm surprised i didn't see any bersa suggestions in here. I have the thunder 9 17+1 and I've fired well over 1200 rds through it (500 being +p) and it has never jammed or failed in any way. Its a simple pistol and very accurate and i got it new for $450. I have fired the xd9, glock, s&w and a few others and i just couldn't find any reason to spend the extra $ for something that worked just as well as my bersa. bersa has some of the best feeling compacts i've ever tested. but as its been stated before its really all about what you like, go to the range show intrest in buying and they'll usually let you test fire a few.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:21 PM   #58

Glock 17 why settle for any thing but the best

Old 07-25-2011, 10:38 PM   #59

I have a bersa 380 and feel as you do nice gun,accurate and trouble free.Made in argentina, probably has the hyundau reputation of old.I am looking at a bersa 40.cal

Old 07-26-2011, 11:06 PM   #60

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by double_tap
glock 17 why settle for any thing but the best
kudos to you sir!

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy