Best 9mm to buy. - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Best 9mm to buy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2014, 12:42 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

It is a lot more difficult for women to find a pistol to fit their hand and it is small enough to conceal. When it comes to concealing a gun my wife is envious of my size. If I made it my business I could conceal a Mossberg Persuader. She has a dozen holsters to conceal guns I put in my pocket. She gets her due when I walk into a ceiling fan. Walking into a ceiling fan doesn't hurt but my reactions are so comical I have to laugh at myself.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:59 AM   #42

Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
And how long are you shooting ? Training Female or youth Shooters? EVERY non skilled female or youth shooter who has shoot with me Including my Wife, who is a good Shooter and Trained by her Police Career Father,..will disagree with you, unless you know one carrying a 44Mag Desert Eagle or an S&W 44Mag or larger revolver. Ask some of the woman shooters here or,
If you would like to dispute me on that, fine , but find 25 women shooters to back up your claim. Even one of our mods here, a lady, owns a 357, but I doubt she would carry it daily. My dad and Uncle( both Militart and Career LE's) took me out the first time as a 6 yr. old . I might have WANTED to Shoot Dad's 1911 or Colt 357's, but that didn't happen for Several Years After that first time as a pudgy 6 Year old from Pelham Parkway in the Bronx,...my wife is 5'2", and can shoot 357's all day, and Shot a Ruger Super Redhawk for her 50th birthday, but she wouldn't Carry one around,...does your Wife/GF carry a 44?
There are some women who shoot 357's regularly, Axxe mentioned Winds as did I further up in this post, and my wife owns Two, but Shoots 38+P's in her HD gun,...but I doubt any of them would Say ( Recoil doesn't matter and neither does the size of the gun)..,BTW. Until Monday afternoon I had not Shot any kind of Recurve, compound, or Crossbow in about 35 years. Was glad I was one out of 3 at 7 yards in my Back yard with one Bolt broken against my Security wall, and another Stuck perm. In my metal Cactus Sculpture after going through my Target at 250FPS,..... And in my younger days I shot Expert with the 1911, M9 when it was still being tested out , and with the M-14F and M-21,.....

Sent from my iPhone using CC Firearms Talk
Just shy of two years. So relatively new to shooting myself. Self taught, no training. Can't say as I hit the broadside of a barn at first, but recoil was never an issue.

And I never said such things don't matter. I'm sure they have all sorts of meaning in certain speculatory and useless statistical circles. I'm saying it's negligible at best. Obviously I can only speak from my own experience. So this assumes a few things... 1) A basic level of intelligence, beyond that of a gnat ought suffice. 2) The employ of said intelligence. 3) The responsibility and seriousness I should know better than to assume any Americans would have. 4) The guts it takes to just grip it and rip it.

But hey, I'm no scientist right. Lol

Old 07-10-2014, 02:59 AM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 90 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo45 View Post
+1 for showing her what's out there, let her shoot any that she's interested in and let her decide for herself.
Definitely! My husband had one all picked out for me. He had no doubt I'd love it. It looked okay but when I held it, it was just wrong. Heavy, didn't feel balanced, no pleasure in holding it. I known the Ruger LC9 gets a lot of flack, but when I held it I knew I had found my gun. It shoots beautifully, is a perfect size for CC. I absolutely love my little gun. I've had it a week and I've put a total of 200 rounds through it. My point is, just let her choose what's good for her and she'll be fine.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-10-2014, 04:25 AM   #44
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Best 9mm to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
It is a lot more difficult for women to find a pistol to fit their hand and it is small enough to conceal. When it comes to concealing a gun my wife is envious of my size. If I made it my business I could conceal a Mossberg Persuader. She has a dozen holsters to conceal guns I put in my pocket. She gets her due when I walk into a ceiling fan. Walking into a ceiling fan doesn't hurt but my reactions are so comical I have to laugh at myself.

She's not really Jealous John or else she would not have married you! The closest I ever came to walking into one is getting a cane handle chewed up in one....but ya still got my by several inches...
Loni Jo, most folks don't tap into the secret of shooting a smaller gun in a larger caliber. Glad your doing well. The LC9 was my first pocket Semi with a barrel less then 3.5" in a large bore. It took me about 250 rounds to start to feel comfortable with it...

BTB: No insult meant at all. I just know from Talking with a lot of Woman Shooters, including several we are close to and a few more we Train with or practice with that it does matter. Many woman get past the "Recoil aversion" and some don't, or do but prefer a less recoiling round. My Wife loves the Hornady Critical defense LITE, reduced power load with a 90Gr. Ftx round. With the regular CD's she's good enough, but with the CD lite, she makes a nice neat little hole out of the center spot in a Target at any distance out to 60Ft.(20yds)...and that's with a 2 inch barrel. We know she's ready for Rimfire Matches because she's doing it to NRA targets at 25 Yds with her Buckmark....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 07-10-2014 at 11:22 AM.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:17 PM   #45

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

Ask your wife.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:46 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 67 Times on 47 Posts

Is she interested in CC, or is it going to simply be a home defense weapon? To me, that should be the starting point for exploration. After that, all the good advice that's been presented should get the ball rolling but most importantly is SHE should be testing and experimenting. After all, it'll be her gun and we all know that if mama's not happy, then no one's happy...

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
People Like This 
Old 07-14-2014, 09:39 PM   #47

Liked 117 Times on 89 Posts

Shopping around for the best 9mm can be overwhelming because there are so many good options out there. All the major gun companies make really good ones. You can go from a ccw size to plain jane fullsize to custom competition models and everything in between. I think everyone should have at least one fullsize 9mm in their gun collection. Rent a few and let the wife shoot them then go from there until she finds her cup of tea

Never enough guns or ammo

Old 07-23-2014, 07:52 AM   #48

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

And the winner is.......Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm!! Couldn't be happier!! Hurry up 10 days!! Lol

Old 07-23-2014, 10:22 AM   #49

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deigoboy View Post
Everybody has an opinion, that's fine. I just know firing off a 357 magnum is no joke. If the kick makes my arms jump, and my arm sore the next day, I couldn't imagine what it would do to my wife's. Puts the fear of God in me that she would accidentally drop a loaded gun from the recoil.
I feel your pain. I was playing with my 357 mag shooting it with one hand like I am the duelist. After a 100 rounds of one handed shooting I was running around with a wrist brace on for a week or so. It took 2 weeks to completely recover.

I have a Panda Paw now. A panda paw is an elastic brace that gymnasts use. I have hurt my wrist before shooting other pistols. The panda paw works very well and I get a good grip on a gun like I am wearing a quality pair of gloves.
bradam Likes This 
Old 07-24-2014, 03:36 AM   #50

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deigoboy View Post
And the winner is.......Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm!! Couldn't be happier!! Hurry up 10 days!! Lol
Congrats. I really enjoy my PX4 compact. Shoots great. I have heard some people call it a novelty gun because of the rotating barrel but I dont care. Never had a problem with mine.

Newest Threads