Best 9mm? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Best 9mm?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

They are all good solid guns, but take time to actually hold and shoot an XD... Then you will have found your gun!

Old 11-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

They are all good solid guns, but take time to actually hold and shoot an CZ... Then you will have found your gun!

Old 11-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #23

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater
They are all good solid guns, but take time to actually hold and shoot an CZ... Then you will have found your gun!
Ditto here. CZ gets over looked but that keeps the price checked.

NEVER FORGET

towboater Likes This 
Old 11-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #24

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater
Damn... There is an echo in here!!!
Old 11-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2986 Times on 1493 Posts
Likes Given: 332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmyoung View Post
Im trying to find a good reliable full sized 9mm for under $550.00. I have been looking at the Beretta PX Storm (F model), the Smith and Wesson M&P, and the Springfield XD. I have yet to make my mind up, but i was wondering what everyone thought about these and to possibly make some suggestions on other good full sized 9mm's.
When I went 9mm shopping, I was looking at the Sig 226, H&K USP among others. I ended up settling on a CZ75BD. CZs can play in the big leagues, but for a lot less cash.
So, CZ 75 or it's numerous variants or perhaps a P07 Duty are a must see in your search.
If you like the PX4, you should also take a look at the Stoeger Cougar series. Beretta owns Stoeger and the pistols are made in Turkey on Beretta's machinery. Lot's of metal framed Beretta goodness there.
NRA Life Member

“The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop” — P.J. O’Rourke

Old 11-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #26
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

You can snag a G 17 or 19 for under $500 if you shop around. Good weapons. Also, Stoeger makes the Cougar in 9mm it's a GREAT firearm and it's super affordable too, don't dismiss it til you check it out!

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 11-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #27

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV View Post
Have you ever held a CZ-75?

Bingo!

There are many excellent guns that fit your profile but The CZ 75B is the best shooting full size 9 mm at this price point that I've ever fired, and I've shot most all of them.

The ONLY choice I would elevate above it is the Browning Hi Power but your looking at twice the money.

Tack

Old 11-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #28

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmyoung View Post
Im trying to find a good reliable full sized 9mm for under $550.00. I have been looking at the Beretta PX Storm (F model), the Smith and Wesson M&P, and the Springfield XD. I have yet to make my mind up, but i was wondering what everyone thought about these and to possibly make some suggestions on other good full sized 9mm's.
Hi Lmyoung. Go to youtube and do a search on any gun you're interested in. You'll find an absolute ton of good gun review videos there on virtually every make and model. But I warn you. Watching these gun videos can become addictive. It has for me. Really, do the youtube thing. You'll be amazed at what you'll find. And you'll get an education.

Happy shooting

Don <><

John 14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #29

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have the P07, a XD9 Sub Compact and a M&P in a different caliber. You can't go wrong with any of the 3. I shoot best with my P07 but most comfortable carrying my M&P because of its size. Take a hard look at that CZ, it's a solid handgun too.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #30

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
the best 9mm? simple, the one that fits your hand the best.
This is the only answer that should be given in one of these what is best threads.
It really doesn't matter that I have a chrome plated bull nut classic with duel wizbang mounts and a laser sight.

Any of a couple dozen 9mms will fit the bill but one will fit you better than the others. Get one of those. Simply put get your hands on as many different pistols as you can. If you know a range that rents go there and spend some money. And feel safe in knowing whatever it is something will have been better. Because someone on the interwebz says so.

I really dislike Glocks. I'd rather get beat on wit ha bat as own one. But that does not make it a poor choice. Lots of people have them and are in Glock fanboy-love. Because they will work when called on and they fit their hand well enough to operate them proficiently I really dislike Kimber 1911's too. They just don't feel right. I love about everything from Sig Sauer, Springfield, Colt, RIA, Taurus, Newer Smith semi-autos, The FNP/FNH, and CZ (I really like a CZ). Any will work great. So will the ones I dislike though really. My fav (carry friendly) 9mm right now is a Smith Mod 915. But my Springer 1991 A1 9mm is a range dominatrix No recoil to speak of and it is a 1911 after all.

As long as you're buying form a reputable maker it's all a matter of what fits.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

towboater Likes This