You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

The Best .45ACP Semi-Auto....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 91 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdorf View Post
Nice!

What RMR are you running on that?

How do you like it, the RMR, that is?
Burris FastFire III. EXCELLENT!

Old 06-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 139 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Update....I think I found a better .4ACP!

I've shot so many pistols by now that I've kind of gotten used to be not being "wowed" at the experience of shooting a different brand of semi-auto chambered in .45 ACP until.....the Sig Sauer P220 came along. Glock fans, this will shock and horrify you, but I traded my Glock 17 plus a few hundred bucks to acquire this German made P220 and ... I could not be more happy. (Don't worry Glockies...the G26 remains my EDC of choice!).

Here's a video I made with the Sig. I've never been more accurate with any handgun literally out of the box. I had a bit of a microphone problem (forgot to turn the darn thing on!), but you can see the results after putting a 7 round magazine, then a 10 round magazine through it from 30 feet out, I was able to get most of them through one jagged hole 1.5" to 2" wide, and for me...that's some Olympic level shooting. :thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uvaYBv06YHU

The Sig Sauer P220 is the the handgun that made Sig a world player when it comes to handguns. It is rugged, high quality and extremely accurate (in the right hands, of course, not necessarily mine!). The pistol featured in this video was made in the mid-1990s in Germany and is one more highly sought after by P220 purists and fans.

(1975 - Present) Type: Pistol Calibers: 9x19mm (discontinued), .45ACP Weight: 1.9 lbs (0.86 kg) Length: 7.7 in (19.6 cm) Barrel length: 4.4 in (11.2 cm) Capacity: 9 (9x19mm), 8 (.45 ACP) Fire Modes: Semi-Auto (SA/DA, DAK, SAO)

For a great article all about the history of the Sig P220 and all its modern variants, read this article from the National Rifle Association magazine, "The American Rifleman" and if you are NOT a member of the NRA...shame on you! Join today.

Here's the Rifleman article: http://www.americanrifleman.org/Article ... 648&cid=19

Be sure to visit Sig's web site for all the variants available today: http://www.americanrifleman.org/Article ... 648&cid=19