Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Bersa for the wife (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/bersa-wife-90506/)

dalefan88 05-11-2013 06:06 PM

Bersa for the wife

1 Attachment(s)
Got her a bersa thunder 380 for Mother's Day to carry. I have only own beretta handgun and I have to say this is a nice shooting gun and she loves it.

Attachment 100555

danf_fl 05-11-2013 07:53 PM

Nice liking pistol!

"she loves it" is the most important thing.

Not every husband can select the "correct" handgun for the wifey.

It is like shoes, I never buy a pair of shoes for her. I bought her what I thought was the perfect pair, but she never wears them. (I think she has something against 6" heels.)

JW357 05-11-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalefan88
Got her a bersa thunder 380 for Mother's Day to carry. I have only own beretta handgun and I have to say this is a nice shooting gun and she loves it.

Good job. My wife and I have a Bersa Thunder 22. We have fun with it, although I think the extractor needs fixed on it. Haven been able to send it into Bersa yet.

dalefan88 05-11-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl
Nice liking pistol!

"she loves it" is the most important thing.

Not every husband can select the "correct" handgun for the wifey.

It is like shoes, I never buy a pair of shoes for her. I bought her what I thought was the perfect pair, but she never wears them. (I think she has something against 6" heels.)

She fired one a buddy of mine had. She said she liked it. I found this one on armslist for $275 plus a full 50rd box of blazers. Couldn't pass it up.

kryptar19 05-11-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalefan88

She fired one a buddy of mine had. She said she liked it. I found this one on armslist for $275 plus a full 50rd box of blazers. Couldn't pass it up.

Good deal!!! Bersa handguns rock.
My wife picked up a lot of guns before she chose the Bersa for her carry gun.

HockaLouis 05-11-2013 10:04 PM

OMG, I Got A Bersa For My Wife!

I got a Bersa in 9x18 Makarov for my wife too... I still think it was a fair trade!!!
:D

JonM 05-11-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWSchramm (Post 1243752)
Good job. My wife and I have a Bersa Thunder 22. We have fun with it, although I think the extractor needs fixed on it. Haven been able to send it into Bersa yet.

have you tried a really good cleaning of the chamber and extractor area. they tend to need a good cleaning in the 400-500 round range sometimes less somes times more depending on how dirty the ammo is.

JW357 05-11-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM

have you tried a really good cleaning of the chamber and extractor area. they tend to need a good cleaning in the 400-500 round range sometimes less somes times more depending on how dirty the ammo is.

Yes. I clean it after every range trip. We've prolly put about 1500 rounds through it. Now after every shot it doesn't eject the spent casing. Literally every shot.

I suppose I can try cleaning it again though, if you think that really is what it is.

BeyondTheBox 05-12-2013 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWSchramm (Post 1243752)

I bet with a slight bit of instruction you could do the work yourself...

JW357 05-12-2013 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox

I bet with a slight bit of instruction you could do the work yourself...

I'm more than willing to give it a shot, but I don't have much in the way of tools for guns. I guess I'll youtube it?