Are Bersa Thunders junk?? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Are Bersa Thunders junk??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2008, 07:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Bersa 380 for me

I have a number of autos that I carry concealed and when wearing shorts and a T-shirt the Bersa 380 is my favorite "Summer" carry pistol.

IMO it's the best "secret" that I know of. I don't know how Argentina can make such a fine weapon at the price I paid-new.

I has as "standard" adjustable sights, bobbed hammer, scalloped ejection port, over travel "spur", and mine has NEVER jamed. I would buy one for my wife but she prefers her 38 Special revolver.

I highly recomend a 380 Bersa,

Jim

Old 11-18-2008, 05:01 AM   #12

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I picked one up about 3 years ago, used for about $100. Couldn't pas it up. It is completely reliable and shoots well.

It does not like the OLD steel jacketed S&B ammo vety much (which I happen to have about a bazzillion rounds of, ha.), but is 100% reliable with everything else.

Fun to shoot.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:40 PM   #13

Likes Given: 1

Try www.bersatalk.com for more information. 4500 members and happy bersa owners

Old 11-24-2008, 02:57 AM   #14

I have a T380CC that I am much more pleased with than guns which cost me twice as much. Two members of my family have the std model T380s and love them. One liked his so much that he got a Thunder 40 and everyone who shoots it loves it. I think it has been one of the best kept secrets for a while, but it is getting out. My favorite GS sells 6-7 /week and has never had one come back. The problem is that now they are beginning to have trouble getting them because they are becoming very popular. Great gun at any price, and particularly for their price.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:42 PM   #15

Default traded for a Kahr

I bought a Bersa 380 and thought it would be a great little "James Bond gun"
Problem was that when I took it to the range it jammed almost every other round. Then it misfired 2 times. This was with high dollar self defense rounds, and some FMJ target loads.

I took the gun back to the dealer and he gave me my money back towards a Kar CW9. The Kahr was only about $80 more and ... no need to say any more.

Old 12-12-2008, 03:10 PM   #16

I have the Thunder .380 DLX, and the Thunder .45 Ultra Compact. I love both of them! My favorite's about them is the de-cocker and they are easily taken down to clean. I highly recomend!

Old 12-19-2008, 02:21 AM   #17

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

I have a Bersa Thunder .380 for around the house for my wife. She does not like to shot my Taurus 24/7 Pro .45 ACP. Hurts her wrist, and this Bersa is to her liking. I had a .380 and .45 before and traded them in on another gun. Not that they were bad, or I did not like them, but what I was looking for was out of what I had for money and used them for trading stock. Finally got another Bersa Thunder .380 in Duo-Tone, and they are excellent shooters. has not jammed or any problems. Very reliable and very accurate.

5 shot goup, 15 yards. Counting the cut 10 ring, then it's a 50 out of 50.
Are Bersa Thunders junk?? - Semi-Auto Handguns

http://Taurus45ACP.com Personal Taurus Pistol site with info and pictures and links.
Taurus Millennium PRO in .45 ACP, Bersa Thunder 380, SIG Sauer SP2022 in 9mm
AR-15s

Former Certified Law Enforcement Officer, Nebraska

Occam's Razor "The simplest explanation is usually
the best"

Old 12-19-2008, 04:59 AM   #18

Default Re: Are Bersa's Junk

I've shot the Bersa .380 and the Bersa 9UC. I own the Firestorm Mini 9 Nickel finish(same gun as 9UC). Don't buy Bersa's, they're junk. They don't shoot tight patterns, people never ask what pistol I'm shooting on the range, and I'm not going to the range twice as much to just shoot my Mini 9.

By the way, if that's a Thunder 9 HC you're buying, I'll take it off your hands so you won't be disappointed. The Thunder 9HC is so despised around here that you can't find one in a shop anywhere.
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Old 04-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #19

Have a Bersa 380 duo that has been a really good gun. Accurate, reliable, lifetime warranty and real easy to break down and clean. I like it so much I'm planning on getting the 9mm thunder cc next. The best thing about the Bersa line of guns is the price. The worst finding one.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #20

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

See above post of picture or go to Vern's Photo Gallery for others. They are so popular around here that you can hardly get one. In one day and then sold within the day or days. In fact, they are the ONE pistol that guns stores here in SW Michigan won't dicker with you about price. What it says $$$ is what it is. They don't worry if they have to hang on to them, they worry that they won't have enough to go around. Not junk. No way.

http://Taurus45ACP.com Personal Taurus Pistol site with info and pictures and links.
Taurus Millennium PRO in .45 ACP, Bersa Thunder 380, SIG Sauer SP2022 in 9mm
AR-15s

Former Certified Law Enforcement Officer, Nebraska

Occam's Razor "The simplest explanation is usually
the best"