Are Bersa Thunders junk??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Are Bersa Thunders junk??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 03:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Are Bersa Thunders junk??

I've always been intrigued by the Bersa Thunder, but have never seriously considered buying one as I assumed they were junk by the low price. I have no tolerence for cheaply made firearms. I've noticed that a lot of people on this forum have Bersa's and most have high opinions of them. So I'm beginning to wonder if I was wrong. I thought maybe their labor cost is much less than most companies allowing them to sell a good gun at a more than fair price. Are they crap, decent, or great? I might just have to pick one up if they're worth having. I know I came to the right place for opinions, so let me have it!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-30-2008, 05:22 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I had a Bersa Thunder 380 that I sold and I wish I still had it. I'll probably buy another one sometime. It was accurate and a good and easy shooter. They're very easy to fieldstrip and clean too.

If I have any beef at all, is that the finish isn't the greatest. I had a two tone model and used Gunscrubber on it. It was fine on the alloy frame, but removed some of the finish from the slide.

Get one.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-30-2008, 05:52 AM   #3

Default Love my Bersa!

I own the Bersa .380 and LOVE IT!

Bought one for the missus some time ago, and we both enjoyed it so much that I bought one for me. I carry it as my backup, but feel completely comfortable when it is the only firearm I carry.

Easily concealable, simple controls and fairly good accuracy make it a great working gun. We all have shelf queens you shoot once in a blue moon, but the Bersa .380 Thunder is just like a work truck; dependable and reliable.

I have fed mine inexpensive Wolf ball ammo, expensive "self defense rounds" and about every .380 round in between. Gun and magazines generally function without a hiccup.

Please note that I have NO experience with any Bersa beyond the .380 Thunder. Go to Gunblast.com and read their review ( in the archives ). That was the article that initially convinced me to pick one up for the little woman.

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:54 AM   #4

Default Lest I forget...

Anyone who doesn't like their Bersa Thunder .380 can contact me - I'll buy it or trade for it. I like these guns that much!

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:14 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have sold lots and lots of the 380 and never had to send one back, AS for the other calibers.....not so.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:57 PM   #6

I got my Bersa 2 weeks ago and I love it. What a find. You cannot beat these guns for the price and accuracy. I tell you to get it.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:53 PM   #7

Default Junk??

I have a Thunder 380 and a Thunder-9 and am going to get another Bersa soon. I even traded a XD-9 for the TH-9 and it is every bit as accurate as the XD. Have a SR-9 that is soon going to be traded for another Bersa. You can't go wrong with these weapons and if you go on the Bersa site you will see why!! Great group and all the help you could ever want and a great guaranty Come and visit us...............Chort

Old 06-30-2008, 08:08 PM   #8

I have no experience with the Bersa's. A friend has two of them and he swears by them. My dealer back home sells hundreds of them and he says they are a great little gun for the money. In fact he has a hard time keeping them in stock and has a hard time getting them.
I would be interested in one except I don't want or need a 380.From what I have heard I wouldn't hestiate getting a Bersa if I were in the market for a small 380.

***** NRA Patron Member *****

Old 06-30-2008, 09:51 PM   #9

Thanks guys, that was the response I was hoping for. You guys have convinced me they aren't junk, just a decent gun for an excellent price. I just went to my local gun dealer and advised him to let me know when they go on sale, which is pretty often according to him. I should own one within the next month or two. Thanks again for all the input.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:19 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have a Bersa Thunder 380. Not the CC. It's a reliable shooter.

Tom :D