Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Bersa thunder 9 uc (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/bersa-thunder-9-uc-54967/)

dirty393 01-07-2012 02:48 PM

Bersa thunder 9 uc

I was looking into getting bersa or another compatible pistol within a reasonable price range, any thoughts or suggestions?

dirty393 01-07-2012 03:46 PM

Comparable*

gollygee 01-07-2012 04:32 PM

The UC & HC 9mm Bersas are getting the rep of being their best pistol. Break-in usually consists of clean, lube & load. Not ammo picky, no cycling issues & accurate. As with most Bersas, the finish is not the prettiest, but it has improved from about 2 years ago. They'd changed the preservative they packed them in & it affected the finishes on 9mm, .40S&W & .45ACP.

dirty393 01-07-2012 05:26 PM

That's what I have been reading, I have only held the uc and hc thunders, but have shot the 380 and it's was fairly accurate and I heard nothing but good things from people who have them..but them only thing is I would like to put rubber grips on it. Does anybody know if you can change the grips?

DallasShooter 01-07-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirty393
That's what I have been reading, I have only held the uc and hc thunders, but have shot the 380 and it's was fairly accurate and I heard nothing but good things from people who have them..but them only thing is I would like to put rubber grips on it. Does anybody know if you can change the grips?

The 380 is a very different pistol. I have the BT 9 HC and I think the 380 recoil is about the same as the BT9 and the BT 9 is more accurate. I don't know about other grips, but if you post a note over at www.bersachat.com somebody will know if there are third party suppliers of grips. I've liked the standard grips that came with the pistol so never looked. It is one heck of a gun and you can't go wrong with it IMHO.

dragunovsks 01-07-2012 11:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ive got a bersa thunder .380 and i love it, small and very easy to conceal. Great small pistol for 225 bucks

dirty393 01-08-2012 12:58 AM

Cool, I think on Monday I might browse the gun shop. Any other similar pistol recommendations?

Bagger 01-23-2012 01:33 AM

I like the Bersa 380s a great deal. I have several. The Firestorm 380 is made by the same folks, but is a bit less 'edgy' IMO. Sights are better on the F/S ... and the trigger guard is rounded. Not the same on the Bersa.

Both are great little CC pistols and I would not hesitate to recommend either.

The Bersa 9C is great, too. Loads of capacity, less concealability than the 380s of course, but a nice gun. Heavy, tho. I have one of those as well.

I prefer the S/W M&P 9C for daily carry vs the Bersa 9C. S/W is a bit larger, but doesn't seem as heavy. Tho, I don't have the weights at hand.

Go buy a Bersa/Firestorm. You'll be happy with the gun.

dirty393 01-23-2012 03:43 AM

Well I didn't get anything when I went because the shop wanted close to 500 for the bersa thunder 9 uc, so I decided to hold off and but id much rather have the thunder 380 but I want a 9mm, why cant they make the 380 in 9mm, o well iv been thinking about a revolver! But I don't know a thing about them.

Bagger 01-23-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirty393 (Post 686162)
Well I didn't get anything when I went because the shop wanted close to 500 for the bersa thunder 9 uc, so I decided to hold off and but id much rather have the thunder 380 but I want a 9mm, why cant they make the 380 in 9mm, o well iv been thinking about a revolver! But I don't know a thing about them.

Yeah, I don't know why they price the gun so high. Can't remember what I paid last year, but was hard to find (limited production?) and a bit pricey.

I know this is a Bersa M/B, but S/W Sigma 9 runs $269 and the Ruger SR9 and 9C both are around $400 at a large gun shop here in CT.

Also, check Cabelas, or other store, for a good used 9C.