Bersa THUNDER 380
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Bersa THUNDER 380

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Bersa THUNDER 380

I bought a Bersa Thunder 380 Duo Tone yesterday. The pistol felt great in my hand. Besides, I had a bunch of 380 ammo sitting around with no pistol to shoot them with, thus the Bersa. I couldn't pass it up for $219.
I took it home, loaded it up with winchester and remington FMJ and shot around 50 rounds combined. Then 20 rounds of Winchester 88 grain Hp's.

70 rounds and the gun shot perfect. The DA/SA trigger pull is good and with some work I'm sure I can improve it.

The white dot sights are pretty nice and the pistol was surpisingly accurate at 30'.

I put the pistol in my pocket holster and to my surprise it fit. I put it in the front pocket of my jeans and it barely fit but it was in there undetected. There was a buldge but the pistol was all the way in the pocket.

I have a holstered T-shirt and carried the Bersa last night in the holstered T-shirt with a long sleeved shirt over it concealed very, very well. I could hardly tell the pistol was there. This gun is very consealable in my opinion.

The thing I like the most about this pistol is that it goes BANG every time I pull the trigger.

I'm gonna shoot it again today if it doesn't rain. I really like this Bersa so far.

Tom :D

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-16-2008, 03:57 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

its a good gun, I sell tons of them and have a hard time keeping them in stock

Old 03-16-2008, 05:15 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
its a good gun, I sell tons of them and have a hard time keeping them in stock

Thats good to hear

Old 03-16-2008, 06:17 PM   #4

Default Great little gun!

I have had a Bersa Thunder .380 Duotone for about 3 years, and have had only one failure to feed, which I attribute to some very cheap low powered .380 ball that did not cycle the slide well.

After I returned to regular .380 ammo, nary a hitch since ( and that includes shooting Wolf .380 ball ammo ). LOVE THE GUN!

Recently, a guy at the range had a Smith and Wesson /Walther .380 ( he proudly told me it only cost a bit over $600 ) that wouldn't cycle a whole mag through without problems. I kept my mouth firmly closed and went back to my lane, where I proceeded to fire six ( 6 ) magazines through my "cheap" little Bersa without a single problem. On my way home I realized that the entire cost of my Bersa ( including spare magazines, holsters and ammo ) STILL hasn't reached the $600 mark !

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:20 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Same experience for mine, I got one as an inexpensive "hey, I have never owned a 380, think I will get one for the heck of it" purrchase. I was shocked at how accurate it was and the reliability. But the design lends itself to that. Not sure how it would hold up under a lot of use (will not be the case for mine) due to the aluminum frame construction. IMO, great value for a weekend paper puncher and a good training piece for young shooters.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Bersa 380? As a carry or use gun?

Hello all

Ron L here = SERESURPLUS

I don't own one of these! I did recommend to a female friend of mine to get one, after her nutty ex-Husband made threats against her! A shop I do a lot of business with sold her one used with a Holster, 2 extra mags and a box of shells for under 200! Being a single gal and of limited means, she laid it away and paid on it as she could! I was with her when she picked it up and we bought some extra bullets and went to the range, I Field stripped and cleaned the gun for her, shoing her how! We ran the gun through a couple of boxes of FMJ, then some mixed bax Hollow points and soft points the shop had given her with the gun! No falures at all! The gun was and is flawless! She has never had to use it, but her ex knows she has it and stopped the calling and harassment stuff he was doing? Not sure if it's the gun or not, but who cares! Yes, she could have bought a Glock, or a Walther or a Sig, but she's happy with the Bersa and no one has the right to tell her she picked wrong!

Thier are a lot of lower cost semi-pistols out there that don't get the respect mthey deserve! If one can't buy top shelf, and one buys carefully, you still can get a firearm that wil support your needs!

Old 03-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #7

"Thier are a lot of lower cost semi-pistols out there that don't get the respect mthey deserve! If one can't buy top shelf, and one buys carefully, you still can get a firearm that wil support your needs!"

Yep, and I think I have tried most of them. I own a half dozen of them and am not really looking to sell any. Inexpensive does not have to mean cheap as in junk.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:43 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The cost is the only thing that is cheap about this pistol. I like it alot. So far that is

Old 04-01-2008, 01:55 AM   #9

Likes Given: 11

I love mine, but have one problem with it and it was my clumsiness that caused it , I spilt acid-ton on the slide and removed some of the coating and don't know how to fix it

Old 04-08-2008, 01:27 AM   #10

Bought the doutone at Cabelas last week for 209.99. 300 rounds perfect so far. What a gun for the price. Accurate out of the box. Sweet gun. My wife wants to try the new 380 concealed carry as her ccw. Little smaller and a 8 shot clip.