Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Bersa Thunder 22 VS Taurus PT-22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 03:15 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5127 Times on 2670 Posts
Likes Given: 311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gard View Post
Since I'm looking for a "keeper" gun that's accurate and reliable, the Firestorm Bersa Thunder 22 seems to be the best 22 pocket gun for my needs. The many pleased current owners, have convinced me that my first impressions were correct. Now if I can find a local dealer to order one.

Thanks all for your insight, and taking the time to post some helpful information. Gard

Reineman true value in burlington wi has one on the shelf they ordered an extra when I got mine. Just google them for the phone number. I'm on my nook atm dunno how to cut and paste with it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-31-2011, 07:58 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

In PA, the only shipment allowed for handguns is a UPS over night delivery with a signature required. This costs aprox~$45. Some dealers, because they are ticked off that I didn't purchase a gun from them, will charge ~$50 to transfer the ownership and perform the background check..

Even though the mail order prices are less up front, the total costs will be higher than what they originally sold for. I may pay less overall, purchasing through a local ordering dealer, even though the gun prices are more at his store.

Thanks for all of your help and info. You made my decision much easier. I'm very glad I researched the Taurus before making an impetuous decision. I would have been regretful later on. Gard

Old 03-31-2011, 08:17 PM   #13
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1665 Times on 907 Posts
Likes Given: 531

I had a PT22 and it is not stainless. It is aluminum and will not withstand high powered 22lr like the Stinger. Using them will void your warranty. I put a lot of rounds through mine and it was reliable with 40 gr solids. A piece of the frame broke a few months ago after 19 years and lot of rounds. I sent it in for warranty repair and it was just replaced with a new gun. It arrived at the dealers and he is selling it for me. It is good for practice if you shoot a mouse gun and not much else.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

Last edited by JTJ; 03-31-2011 at 08:20 PM.