Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Bersa Series Handguns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 10:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Bersa Series Handguns

I've been looking around for a decently priced & quality handgun and I came across one brand called Bersa. I think these handguns are made in Argentina. Since I'm on a very tight budget and the prices from what I've heard are in the 300's... this would be awesome....

Has anyone ever had any experience with these?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-28-2009, 11:58 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Nevermind.... maybe next time I should actually look for threads already started regarding this topic before I make a post.... thanks anyways.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:03 PM   #3

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

In here the Bersas are popular, the Bersa Thunder 380 is one of the best bang for the buck, I had a Bersa Thunder 380 Super (double stack mags, holds 15 rounds) and love it, I had it short time because I need the cash, but it's reliable, safe, comfortable, discrete, simple...

Some reviews of it:
Gun Blast: Bersa 380
Guns&Ammo Handguns Magazine: Bersa 380ACP
Bersa Thnder 380
The Bersa Thunder 380
Further Information on Bersa Thunder 380!
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 03-29-2009, 11:41 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was looking at the 9mm models, have you had any experience with those specifically? I'm a bit iffy about the stopping power of the .380 round.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #5

Likes Given: 1

Try :: Bersa Talk :: for more information

Old 03-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterMarksman338 View Post
I was looking at the 9mm models, have you had any experience with those specifically? I'm a bit iffy about the stopping power of the .380 round.
You are correct,they are made in Argentina, they are good,reliable guns with a classic design, with ambidexterous controls, safety and decocker, good gun for the money IMHO...

Old 03-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #7

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default About Bersa Thunder 9 or Thunder 40 or Thunder 45

In here, at least, are not so popular because (remember that Venezuela is a odd market) those models run about a few dollars under a Taurus revolver, 24/7 or PT92/99... and most people prefer to pay that little extra for a "brand" ...maybe this need to be clarified... In Venezuela a Glock 17/19 can reach $7500-$9000 a Taurus 24/7-PT92 $5000-$7000 a Besa Thunder 9 $4500-5000...
Ok, that is why this firearm is not so popular in Venezuela.... but every Bersa owner that I know is happy with it, their products are well manufacturated and (for the prices I saw in U.S) they have a good cost/value ratio...
For the technical:
Bersa pistols are manufactured in Argentine by the Bersa S.A. company. Thunder pistols are available, in several different versions. The Thunder-380 pistols are of simple blowback design, while more powerful Thunder-9, Thunder-40 and Thunder-45 pistols are of locked breech design. Thunder series pistols are relatively compact and handy, yet they offer significant capacity with major pistol calibers, combined with good, fully ambidextrous ergonomics. Bersa pistols also are relatively inexpensive and offer decent reliability, making them good personal defense firearms. The only differences between Thunder and Thunder-mini pistols (which also sold as Thunder Ultra-Compact) are size and magazine capacity. The Ultra-Compact .45 pistols are roughly intermediate in size between standard and mini pistols, and, unlike smaller caliber brothers, they have a single stack magazine.
Bersa Thunder 9 pistols are standard issue pistols for the Argentinean Federal Police and the Buenos Aires Province Police.
Bersa Thunder-9, Thunder-40 and Thunder-45 pistols are locked breech, short recoil operated firearms of Browning type. barrel is locked to slide by single large lug, which engages the ejection port in the slide. The unlocking is caused by the cam-shaped underbarrel extension. Trigger is of double action type, with exposed hammer and ambidextrous frame mounted safety, which decocks the hammer when engaged, then locks the slide and sear. The action also features a firing pin safety, which blocks the firing pin until the trigger is pressed. The slide release lever also is ambidextrous, and the magazine release button can be easily mounted on the either side of the grip. magazines of the 9mm and .40SW versions are of double stack type, .45 caliber magazines are single stack. Sights are fixed, with front sight integral to the slide and rear dovetailed to the frame. Latest production pistols also feature an integral key lock, located above the trigger on the left side of the frame, as well as accessory laser / light rail on the frame below the barrel

And here some reviews:
Bersa 9mm Review.
Bersa Thunder 40 review.
Other reviews.

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 03-30-2009, 05:06 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default My 2 cents...

I acquired a barely used Bersa Thunder 45 Ultra Compact (UC) from a friend who was moving to Germany for the military and I think they make a good firearm for the money. When I was researching the purchase, I also found a forum called Bersa Talk that is a good source of all things Bersa.

Having said that...the action ( DA/SA ) is pretty slick, the frame is very concealable, and the caliber...it's a manstopper. I recommend it...

Here's a pic of mine...

Old 04-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #9

I have a 380 duo which is a fantastic gun.
No problems right out of the box.
I only paid $229NIB a couple months ago.