Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > bersa mini firestorm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 12:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 158 Times on 113 Posts

Default bersa mini firestorm

So I placed a bid on a bersa mini firestorm in 9mm. Anybody have any reviews on these? Would it be a good EDC?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-25-2013, 12:51 AM   #2

Liked 257 Times on 227 Posts

You're only ever going to get bias opinion from me here because I love love love Bersa guns, but have only handled them, never owned. But talk about a solid built gun! True value and quality. I've yet to hear a single bad thing about a one, or if I did I dismissed it as blasphemy! I think that's a great choice for a gun, although as an EDC it's a bit thick, I'm pretty sure it be a double stacker. Good in burgers, not necessarily in carry guns.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #3

Liked 109 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 40

You might get more answers here: http://www.bersachat.com/forums/forum.php

Old 01-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #4

I don't mind double stack since the height is nearly identical to my current edc

Old 01-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #5

The width is only another 1/2 inch. That sounds small and I'm sure it'll feel weird at first but as long as the grip doesn't print any worse than my current edc I'm happy. Anybody know what MSRP is on these? I can't find it even on the versa website

Old 01-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock View Post
The width is only another 1/2 inch. That sounds small and I'm sure it'll feel weird at first but as long as the grip doesn't print any worse than my current edc I'm happy. Anybody know what MSRP is on these? I can't find it even on the versa website
1/2 an inch is gigantic in width difference. I'm curious as to what you're comparing it that is a half inch thinner. For reference...

My Firestar m43 9mm single stack is 1.1"wide at grips. It fits perfectly, get a full wrap around with plenty of trigger finger stretch to comfortably use it.

My Firestar m45 45acp single stack is 1.2"wide at grips. It fits, I can shoot it, but that .1" makes a huge difference! It takes that little bit of length from my trigger reach and adds it to my grip circumference instead. It also makes the grip I like harder to maintain because I don't get the interlocking quite as firm.

So a half inch is HUGE! I suggest, if you haven't already, go to LGS and handle one, if you can. I think you'll find as I did that double stack is not the way to go.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post

1/2 an inch is gigantic in width difference. I'm curious as to what you're comparing it that is a half inch thinner. For reference...

My Firestar m43 9mm single stack is 1.1"wide at grips. It fits perfectly, get a full wrap around with plenty of trigger finger stretch to comfortably use it.

My Firestar m45 45acp single stack is 1.2"wide at grips. It fits, I can shoot it, but that .1" makes a huge difference! It takes that little bit of length from my trigger reach and adds it to my grip circumference instead. It also makes the grip I like harder to maintain because I don't get the interlocking quite as firm.

So a half inch is HUGE! I suggest, if you haven't already, go to LGS and handle one, if you can. I think you'll find as I did that double stack is not the way to go.
They don't have any. And I'm comparing to my LC9

Old 01-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #8

Quote:

They don't have any. And I'm comparing to my LC9
I figured it was something like that. Well you don't have to take my word for it, perhaps your hands are large enough to make up for the difference. No matter how large they may be you will notice the difference, it's impossible not to unless you simply don't shoot much and haven't had much experience with guns.

When I first started I didn't notice a difference between my LC9 and my Glock which is double stack. But that's because I was basically just going out John Wayning. One handed mag dumping, no real target just into a hillside to make nose and be manly. Once I started getting into accuracy, grip was a big part of it and that's when I began to notice differences and really understand what type of gun works best for me.

I'm not saying that is or ever was you, just sharing my story and experience with ya, for whatever it's worth.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post

I figured it was something like that. Well you don't have to take my word for it, perhaps your hands are large enough to make up for the difference. No matter how large they may be you will notice the difference, it's impossible not to unless you simply don't shoot much and haven't had much experience with guns.

When I first started I didn't notice a difference between my LC9 and my Glock which is double stack. But that's because I was basically just going out John Wayning. One handed mag dumping, no real target just into a hillside to make nose and be manly. Once I started getting into accuracy, grip was a big part of it and that's when I began to notice differences and really understand what type of gun works best for me.

I'm not saying that is or ever was you, just sharing my story and experience with ya, for whatever it's worth.
My lc9 is too thin to be comfortable in my hands. I have big hands

Old 01-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #10

Quote:

My lc9 is too thin to be comfortable in my hands. I have big hands
Same, that's why I love my 1911 like single stacks, they're perfect! The LC9 is .91" wide. I've found my perfect width is between .98 & 1.1"

I hope this gun works for ya in that regard man, cuz I'm sure it will in every other way!