Bersa BP9?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Bersa BP9?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Bersa BP9?

Hey everyone. Question

Do any of you own and or carry the Bersa BP9 9 mm semi auto? Heard good things about them and Bersa's line of guns in general. But wondered how they shoot? Any thoughts??

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #2

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I have one with close to 600 rounds through it. I'm not a fan of striker fired pistols, but bought it just because it is a Bersa & I do like it. I've found all their pistols to be reliable & worth the $$$ (10 of them).

The trigger was gritty & a tad heavy at first, but with use of some KG-10 Dry Lube & range time, it smoothed out pretty quickly. Short take-up, crisp 4 lb. break & short reset.

Mine didn't, but some have reported finding build up of shipping preservative, etc. in the firing pin channel & needed cleaning other than the routine field strip.

I can refer you to a site with instructions for a more detailed strip & cleaning, if you like. Send me a PM.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollygee
I have one with close to 600 rounds through it. I'm not a fan of striker fired pistols, but bought it just because it is a Bersa & I do like it. I've found all their pistols to be reliable & worth the $$$ (10 of them).

The trigger was gritty & a tad heavy at first, but with use of some KG-10 Dry Lube & range time, it smoothed out pretty quickly. Short take-up, crisp 4 lb. break & short reset.

Mine didn't, but some have reported finding build up of shipping preservative, etc. in the firing pin channel & needed cleaning other than the routine field strip.

I can refer you to a site with instructions for a more detailed strip & cleaning, if you like. Send me a PM.
Thanks for the reply! I've heard good things about the gun. Gonna have to check it out. Thanks again