Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Bersa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Bersa

I got a Bersa 9mm uc pro. 13+ in two tone. Having terrible results. Sights off. Shoots to left, different hands,shooters,left or right held, at different distances. Any advice? Or just contact Bersa for a service call to check for barrel or saught defects? Texasgunnurse.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #2

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Even experienced shooters seem to need to get "used" to Bersas. It seems the Bersa trigger sits a tad forward & at a little bit of a different angle from some other pistols. Not to say there might not be something wrong with it, but I'd suggest shooting it from a rest to be sure before going to the expense of sending it in. The UC9 has a reputation of being very accurate right out of the box. You might also check your rear sight to be sure it isn't centered on the slide.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Call Bersa and discuss it with them. They'll probably just have you send it in. Or they may just send you a new barrel, which is the prime suspect. Look at the muzzle crown. Any sign of damage, dings, etc.? That's the first place I look when a gun is shooting that much off under all conditions.

Assuming, as gollygee says, that it's just not a matter of getting used to the trigger. But the fact that you say it happens to multiple shooters, shooting with either hand seems to make that less likely.

Last edited by Paladin201; 02-05-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Or just contact Bersa for a service call to check for barrel or saught defects?
LOL,,,gooooooood luck. At all costs try to figure this out on your own before sending it into any of the so called gun butchers that fill the roll of Bersa's warranty support.

Be extra wary of sending anything to Colorado Gun Works. He does answer a few questions on the internet so he's a Bersa fan site favorite, but he's a rude hack IMO.

Try really focusing on keeping a smooth trigger pull all the way through. As someone said, it's a great smooth trigger, just a tad different. As far a drifting the rear sight right or left there's nothing to it.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #5

Ty for the advice. I contacted Texas FFL who does Bersa work he suggested drifting sight n working on grip before expense of shipping

Old 02-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #6

Any one know if a Bersa barrel is a valid purchase for a non FFL?

Old 02-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Default I wouldn't swear to it but...

I have purchased barrels online with out a FFL if that's what you are asking

“Life’s tough … it’s even tougher if you’re stupid.”
John Wayne

Old 02-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

In general, only one part of any gun is actually controlled and requires an FFL to buy and sell. And that's the part containing the serial number. In most hand guns, thats the frame. In an AR, it's the lower receiver. Wherever the serial number is stamped, that is "the gun" as far as the ATF is concerned. Everything else is just parts. Anyone can buy and sell them and ship them through the mail without restriction. So yes, anyone can buy or sell a Bersa barrel without a license.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:23 AM   #9

Serial number.... darn. I'm not at home but I believe the serial is stamped on the barrel, as I do believe it is part of and one piece with my barrel.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

OK. I may have mislead you on the serial number. Some guns do indeed stamp the serial number on the barrel as well as on the frame, just to show that they go together. My Bersa has the serial number on the frame, and on the barrel. But it is the frame that is "the gun" and requires an FFL. Unless I'm mistaken. Anyone else?