Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Bersa (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/bersa-57050/)

TexasGunNurse 02-05-2012 02:02 PM

Bersa

I got a Bersa 9mm uc pro. 13+ in two tone. Having terrible results. Sights off. Shoots to left, different hands,shooters,left or right held, at different distances. Any advice? Or just contact Bersa for a service call to check for barrel or saught defects? Texasgunnurse.

gollygee 02-05-2012 02:31 PM

Even experienced shooters seem to need to get "used" to Bersas. It seems the Bersa trigger sits a tad forward & at a little bit of a different angle from some other pistols. Not to say there might not be something wrong with it, but I'd suggest shooting it from a rest to be sure before going to the expense of sending it in. The UC9 has a reputation of being very accurate right out of the box. You might also check your rear sight to be sure it isn't centered on the slide.

Paladin201 02-05-2012 02:35 PM

Call Bersa and discuss it with them. They'll probably just have you send it in. Or they may just send you a new barrel, which is the prime suspect. Look at the muzzle crown. Any sign of damage, dings, etc.? That's the first place I look when a gun is shooting that much off under all conditions.

Assuming, as gollygee says, that it's just not a matter of getting used to the trigger. But the fact that you say it happens to multiple shooters, shooting with either hand seems to make that less likely.

Paperpuncher 02-05-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Or just contact Bersa for a service call to check for barrel or saught defects?
LOL,,,gooooooood luck. At all costs try to figure this out on your own before sending it into any of the so called gun butchers that fill the roll of Bersa's warranty support.

Be extra wary of sending anything to Colorado Gun Works. He does answer a few questions on the internet so he's a Bersa fan site favorite, but he's a rude hack IMO.

Try really focusing on keeping a smooth trigger pull all the way through. As someone said, it's a great smooth trigger, just a tad different. As far a drifting the rear sight right or left there's nothing to it.

TexasGunNurse 02-07-2012 04:55 PM

Ty for the advice. I contacted Texas FFL who does Bersa work he suggested drifting sight n working on grip before expense of shipping

TexasGunNurse 02-07-2012 04:56 PM

Any one know if a Bersa barrel is a valid purchase for a non FFL?

rjgnwdc 02-07-2012 05:51 PM

I wouldn't swear to it but...

I have purchased barrels online with out a FFL if that's what you are asking

Paladin201 02-07-2012 06:11 PM

In general, only one part of any gun is actually controlled and requires an FFL to buy and sell. And that's the part containing the serial number. In most hand guns, thats the frame. In an AR, it's the lower receiver. Wherever the serial number is stamped, that is "the gun" as far as the ATF is concerned. Everything else is just parts. Anyone can buy and sell them and ship them through the mail without restriction. So yes, anyone can buy or sell a Bersa barrel without a license.

TexasGunNurse 02-08-2012 05:23 AM

Serial number.... darn. I'm not at home but I believe the serial is stamped on the barrel, as I do believe it is part of and one piece with my barrel.

Paladin201 02-08-2012 12:33 PM

OK. I may have mislead you on the serial number. Some guns do indeed stamp the serial number on the barrel as well as on the frame, just to show that they go together. My Bersa has the serial number on the frame, and on the barrel. But it is the frame that is "the gun" and requires an FFL. Unless I'm mistaken. Anyone else?