Bersa .380 or Makarov or CZ82 ? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Bersa .380 or Makarov or CZ82 ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Not to threadjack, but I like these grips better than the Marschal's for the CZ 82: CZ 82/83 replacement grips Grips4u
I've read a lot of good things about those too, the grips below are some I have in mind for the 82. I'm trying to keep the pistol relatively dark, other wise I would be looking into the red/dark red walnut or wattle. If it were nickel I would prefer the walnut or maybe the light ash.

You can click on the image for a closer look.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Those look good Eric.

'Gello we'll be expecting a range report and evaluation.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric0424 View Post

Those are very nice!

CA357, i will do my best on the range report, of course the range will be my sisters back yard by the pond (does have backstop).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:14 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My Bersa has fed everything I put in it so far w/o polishing anything

Old 01-22-2011, 12:30 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well, i ordered the 9 round mag and a simple lil pocket holster/concealer and a friggin mag loader. That is one tight mag, and i cut my thumb Thursday.

I go to the gunshop to get that cz82 ordered Saturday AM.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:47 AM   #26
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5741 Times on 3000 Posts
Likes Given: 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Well, i ordered the 9 round mag and a simple lil pocket holster/concealer and a friggin mag loader. That is one tight mag, and i cut my thumb Thursday.

I go to the gunshop to get that cz82 ordered Saturday AM.
just hit the sharp edges of the mag with a stone or very fine file just enough to dull the sharpness.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well, no pics of the targets (forgot the camera), but at 30 feet, the groups were mostly more saucer-sized than dinner plate-sized (mostly in the 3-5" range). There were no failures to fire or to eject or anything else; the Bersa functioned exactly as designed. My sister tried the lil Bersa, after putting 6 rounds from her teensy Titan .25acp into a 6" circle to show me she could actually aim that little thing. Long story short, my sister now wants my Bersa or a duplicate that she can put some wood grips on , and my brother-in-law also wants one for his impending carry permit use.

My sister is so attached that i may let her have this one and just order myself another one; this one has the orangest orange-dot sights i've yet seen. I will also be ordering a cz82, as soon as i can get back to that shop. So, we should end up with three Bersa's and a CZ-82, when all is said and done.

I was glad to hear my BIL isn't planning to use his new .44mag as a regular carry piece.

The 9 round mag and loader and pocket liner/holster came in this morning, as well. The holster is a bit tight, but might loosen up a bit with use or may fit the CZ-82 better. The 9 round magazine fits great and looks better than the original, when in the pistol. CondorsFlight.com shipped fast and sent me what i ordered.

Last edited by orangello; 01-24-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:37 PM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I second the bersa. I've got the single and double stack versions. My wife loves the single. Its a smooth shooting very reliable pistol. I didn't go with the cz82 because I couldn't determine if it had a decock or not.

For such a light pistol the bersa shoots like it weighs twice as much.
John,

You can't go wrong with either the Bersa single OR double stack nor can you go wrong with the CZ-82. My Bersa Thunder .380 is the single stack since I couldn't find any 'Plus' models at the time. It took awhile to break the pistol in to where I felt comfortable with it as a daily carry. I've heard that is the case with the newer Thunder .380s. Not sure if it's true overall, but it took about 500 rounds down the tube before I had no further issues. Now, it's rock solid and very accurate as well. Due to scar tissue on my palms, I'd prefer the rubber grips on my single stack. Just can't seem to find them.

As for the CZ-82 in 9mm Makarov.............. WOW! Yes it is a bit heavy for pocket carry, but from the beginning, it's been flawless in performance. It's also a 'tack driver'. It does NOT have a decock but instead has an ambidexterous thumb safety that performs like the Government model .45. With the ammunition that IS available, you can consider yourself well armed. I like the palm filling grip on the CZ-82. For my hands, the ergonomics are just fine.

Get the feeling I might like the CZ-82?? Maybe even the Bersa Thunder 380??

Yeah, I guess I do. Good Luck and enjoy which ever (or both) you buy. You really owe it to yourself to own a CZ-82 in 9mm Mak.

USMC Retired

For what's more honourable than scarrs, on skin to tatters rent in warrs?
Samuel Butler, HUDIBRAS 1658

When he goughed out me eye, I saw he was no gent. So I ups and broke 'is arm.
15th Centuary wrestler

Why saber?? 'Cause you don't take heads with the point................

Old 01-31-2011, 09:36 PM   #29
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5741 Times on 3000 Posts
Likes Given: 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
John,

Due to scar tissue on my palms, I'd prefer the rubber grips on my single stack. Just can't seem to find them.

try here:
TP22T4/1 - Rubber Wrap Around Grips

my pink bersa came with them as an extra set and normally i dont like finger groove grips but they got these right.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-31-2011, 11:47 PM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
try here:
TP22T4/1 - Rubber Wrap Around Grips

my pink bersa came with them as an extra set and normally i dont like finger groove grips but they got these right.
Oh Lordy! I can just see my Vanderbilt freshman daughter if I were to also have a pink bersa. She's liberal to an extent (though she is a staunch republican)..........I know, doesn't make any sense.

They ARE great guns though, no matter what the color.

USMC Retired

For what's more honourable than scarrs, on skin to tatters rent in warrs?
Samuel Butler, HUDIBRAS 1658

When he goughed out me eye, I saw he was no gent. So I ups and broke 'is arm.
15th Centuary wrestler

Why saber?? 'Cause you don't take heads with the point................