Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Bersa .380 or Makarov or CZ82 ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I second the bersa. I've got the single and double stack versions. My wife loves the single. Its a smooth shooting very reliable pistol. I didn't go with the cz82 because I couldn't determine if it had a decock or not.
The CZ 82/83 series have a manual safety similar to the CZ 75B that is only applied with the hammer back, but instead of the firing pin block safety used on the 75B the 82/83 have a hammer block "automatic safety" and a rebounding hammer. I don't believe the 82/83 was ever offered in a de-cocker.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:40 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4472 Times on 2358 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric0424 View Post
The CZ 82/83 series have a manual safety similar to the CZ 75B that is only applied with the hammer back, but instead of the firing pin block safety used on the 75B the 82/83 have a hammer block "automatic safety" and a rebounding hammer. I don't believe the 82/83 was ever offered in a de-cocker.
thats what i figured. its why i didnt get one. im just not comfy with a non-decocking pocket gun or one with a internal striker. the bersa and walther ppks were the only comfy small 380's that had the mag drop button slide release and safety in the correct spots. i had ppks in the past and the triggers are pretty much poop. the nod went to bersa over the ppk/s mainly due to the trigger being substantially better on the bersa. it just amazes me that a gun as pricey as ppk/s have such poor triggers.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-19-2011, 12:10 AM   #13

Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel_Slayer View Post
Ah come on, variable speed, you can set the to about 100 RPM and with a cotton round tip, covered in jewelers rouge. Would I do that on a 1000.00+ 1911, no. Would I do that carefully on a 300.00 Bersa Thunder .380, yes. Done it before, came out perfect. Just have to use caution as with any other action when it comes to modifying your own firearm.
I would'nt be without mine

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-19-2011, 12:34 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Bersa .380

Got a thunder .380. It has taken every kind of round that I've ever put through it,, with no mis-feeds or malfunctions. If you are gonna use it for self-defense, the range will usually be less than 7 yards, anyway, and with a 9-round mag (available) and one in the chamber, there are 10 chances to put him down. At 7 yards, 2 - 3 in the chest should discourage him pretty well. After all, unless he is souped up on drugs, a man is an easy kill compared to a game animal, such as a deer.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:09 AM   #15

Liked 1416 Times on 817 Posts
Likes Given: 989

I have the Bersa Thunder Concealed. It has an 8 round mag. Great gun. I had a Makarov. It was ok. But I am a lefty. Didn't feel like looking for grips.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #16
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5645 Times on 3319 Posts
Likes Given: 4756

I picked up the standard, single-stack Bersa Thunder .380 on the way to work. I love the bright ORANGE dots on these sights! I like it, but would have liked to compare to the double-stack model, size-wise. I won't get to shoot it until this weekend at best.

On an even better note, the guy at the shop indicated that he would be happy to order me a CZ82 from CDNN. I will compare the two, and may give the less-favored to my sister to replace her anemic old .25acp purse/glovebox pistol.

Now to find the 9 round mags for this lil flat nickel booger.

edit* If anybody has suggestions for sources of the 9 round mags, wood grips, or pocket/IWB holsters, feel FREE to post up. Thanks. I did see the 9 round mags at midwayusa for about $39.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Last edited by orangello; 01-20-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:33 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4472 Times on 2358 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I picked up the standard, single-stack Bersa Thunder .380 on the way to work. I love the bright ORANGE dots on these sights! I like it, but would have liked to compare to the double-stack model, size-wise. I won't get to shoot it until this weekend at best.

On an even better note, the guy at the shop indicated that he would be happy to order me a CZ82 from CDNN. I will compare the two, and may give the less-favored to my sister to replace her anemic old .25acp purse/glovebox pistol.

Now to find the 9 round mags for this lil flat nickel booger.

edit* If anybody has suggestions for sources of the 9 round mags, wood grips, or pocket/IWB holsters, feel FREE to post up. Thanks. I did see the 9 round mags at midwayusa for about $39.
39$ is the going rate.

i think you woulda loved the 15 rounder its pretty damn sweet.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-21-2011, 03:00 AM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The grip on the CZ82 and the Hi-Cap Bersa 380 feel much closer to a full size pistol than they do a compact 380. One of the reasons I chose to purchase the 82 in December. I've shot the Hi-Cap Bersa 380 and their 9mm a few times and both were good shooting accurate pistols.

Bersa 9-round from Bersa/Eagle.

Bersa 9-round from Cals Sporting Armory. (best price, out of stock right now)

Bersa 9-round from Condors Flight.

The grips here have received great reviews on several forums and I'm considering a set for my CZ82 since Hogue doesn't make their rubber finger groove grips for the 82/83 series pistol.

Marschalgrips.com

http://www.marschalgrips.com/bersa/bersa.html

This set is extended to match the extended magazines.

Bersa carries some as well. They even have Crimson Trace if you want to go with a laser grip.

Some Bersa holsters at The Holster Store, there are a few on Bersa's site as well and I've seen some good prices on e-Bay and Amazon.

The Holster Store | Bersa Holsters

Old 01-21-2011, 06:40 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Not to threadjack, but I like these grips better than the Marschal's for the CZ 82: CZ 82/83 replacement grips Grips4u

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #20
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5645 Times on 3319 Posts
Likes Given: 4756

SWEET! Thanks guys. Saturday AM, i will finally be getting the Bersa to bark for me.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p