Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta Tomcats

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2008, 02:43 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryk View Post
I have a new 21A in .25 cal and it is perfect so far. 120 rounds of ball and JHP. I bought it for my wife and wanted to try it out first. Works perfectly. A pleasure to shoot after dealing with some very small mouse guns in .380 and 9mm lately.
I wish you luck with your new 21A. Sounds like yours is working good.From what I've read you have to keep it well lubricated. I put some Break Free formulated for S/S and rapid fire guns. We shall see next time out.
Thanks for you comments.

***** NRA Patron Member *****

Old 05-17-2008, 12:18 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger Redhawk View Post
I wish you luck with your new 21A. Sounds like yours is working good.From what I've read you have to keep it well lubricated. I put some Break Free formulated for S/S and rapid fire guns. We shall see next time out.
Thanks for you comments.
I use Eezox for general cleaning and corrosion protection but like to use NanoLube for the lubrication. This combo seems to be working quite well with all my handguns so far.

Old 05-17-2008, 02:31 PM   #13

If it's works for you that's all that counts.I'm old school. I used good ole Hoppes #9,use RIG on a sheepskin for storage and been using the Break Free to lubricate.I don't get to shoot very often.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger Redhawk View Post
If it's works for you that's all that counts.I'm old school. I used good ole Hoppes #9,use RIG on a sheepskin for storage and been using the Break Free to lubricate.I don't get to shoot very often.
With the price of ammo steadily climbing, I may have to cut back on shooting as well. No shooting = no gun cleaning = no therapy.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:34 PM   #15

I use Ballistol. About as "Old School" as it gets, LOL!

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country... Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered. ...A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason."

~ Thomas Paine, January, 1776, from "Common Sense"

Old 05-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryk View Post
With the price of ammo steadily climbing, I may have to cut back on shooting as well. No shooting = no gun cleaning = no therapy.

Now ain't that the truth LOL.Before I moved I had a range to shoot at. Since I've moved here I really haven't found a place. Saturday afternoon I took my new G-30 out back of the house and put 10 rounds through it. Shot like a dream.
Unfortunately instead of worrying about the politicians trying to outlaw guns, at this rate they'll put them out of everyone's price range.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:54 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have always wanted a pocket pistol that would shoot cheap 22 lr ammo and resonably accurate. Remember the little Walther thp, one of the neatest looking stainless pistols I've seen. But alas, like the Berretta 21 they were generally very fussy about the ammo they would shoot reliably if you could find any at all. I now have a Colt pocket 25 (circa 1930's) that shoots beautifully though I shoot it very little due to its value and the prohibitive price of 25 ammo. I would try all the brands of 22 ammo that I could get a hold of to see if one type would cycle reliably. I have had good luck with the PPK size guns such as the Astra Constible, Bernidelli md80, Bersa and my current one a Berretta mdl70s. CD