Beretta Tomcats

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta Tomcats

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default Beretta Tomcats

Are hammer bite an issue with these little guys? I'm looking for something for my wife that is small and easy to shoot, but these things look like they'd do a number on the web of your hand if you let them. She hates my 1911 as it stove pipes on her, or flings the hot brass straight back at her. She has a Hipoint, but it is bulky, clumsy and poorly balanced.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-01-2008, 04:58 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Yes they can if you don't hold it just right. Mine bit me pretty dang good right where you said Matt. But I got bit by the slide. It drew blood too. I've shot 200 rounds since then and I ain't got bit again OUCH I do have pretty big hands though.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:51 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 206 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 12

My wife had one for a while. Really short trigger pull on all but the first
shot. NO EXTRACTOR. If you have a misfire, you tip up the barrel and dig
out the bad round. Pulling the trigger on a bad round will hit it again.

She sold it and now has a KelTec P32. Smaller, lighter, thinner.
Has an extractor. You do have to rack the slide a bit to get it to second strike. A little more of a break-in period, but it's run great for years.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:09 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default No Bite.

After about 250 rounds I can say that I've never been bit by my Tomcat (glove size large hands). No feeding issues or extraction issues. The tip up barrel works better than I would have ever guessed. I have never had to "dig" a round out of the barrel. I can use the barrel release and when the barrel pops up it will throw the shell out.

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:49 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

When I was bit I was not holding the pistol properly. I shot 50 rounds or more yesterday with no problems. Just hold the pistol properly. Glove size X large to XX large. I love my little Tomcats

Tom :D

Old 03-28-2008, 07:56 PM   #6

I added a hogue grip to mine. It has a little lump that slides your hand away from the moving parts.

-- Just a thought...

Don't mind me... I'm just the comic-relief talking-bear.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:03 AM   #7

Likes Given: 11

my wife Carry's the KalTec P3AT in 380 and just loves to shoot it . Now she wants the pink one

Old 04-16-2008, 03:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom the roofer View Post
When I was bit I was not holding the pistol properly. I shot 50 rounds or more yesterday with no problems. Just hold the pistol properly. Glove size X large to XX large. I love my little Tomcats
My new Tomcat is a week old and has had 100 rounds thru it already without a hitch. What I like best about it is the accuracy that I never really expected.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:11 PM   #9

I have one basically in the same breed just different animal.
I have a Bobcat M-21A. Inox model? It's stainless bbl,slide and anodized frame.I've had it a few years and have only shot it a couple times with allot of disappointment. The thing jams constantly,especially after 25 rounds.I wanted it just for something to slip in my pocket for a quick run to the store.On another site there's been allot of talk about this particular model.Most comments weren't on the positive side.I haven't fired it with any of the Hyper velocity 22's so that might be part of the problem.Next time out I'm going to try Stingers in it.Anybody else have experience with the little 21 A's?

***** NRA Patron Member *****

Old 05-15-2008, 11:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger Redhawk View Post
I have one basically in the same breed just different animal.
I have a Bobcat M-21A. Inox model? It's stainless bbl,slide and anodized frame.I've had it a few years and have only shot it a couple times with allot of disappointment. The thing jams constantly,especially after 25 rounds.I wanted it just for something to slip in my pocket for a quick run to the store.On another site there's been allot of talk about this particular model.Most comments weren't on the positive side.I haven't fired it with any of the Hyper velocity 22's so that might be part of the problem.Next time out I'm going to try Stingers in it.Anybody else have experience with the little 21 A's?
I have a new 21A in .25 cal and it is perfect so far. 120 rounds of ball and JHP. I bought it for my wife and wanted to try it out first. Works perfectly. A pleasure to shoot after dealing with some very small mouse guns in .380 and 9mm lately.