Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Beretta Tomcats (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/beretta-tomcats-3527/)

matt g 03-01-2008 04:37 PM

Beretta Tomcats

Are hammer bite an issue with these little guys? I'm looking for something for my wife that is small and easy to shoot, but these things look like they'd do a number on the web of your hand if you let them. She hates my 1911 as it stove pipes on her, or flings the hot brass straight back at her. She has a Hipoint, but it is bulky, clumsy and poorly balanced.

Tom the roofer 03-01-2008 04:58 PM

Yes they can if you don't hold it just right. Mine bit me pretty dang good right where you said Matt. But I got bit by the slide. It drew blood too. I've shot 200 rounds since then and I ain't got bit again :D OUCH I do have pretty big hands though.

BillM 03-02-2008 03:51 PM

My wife had one for a while. Really short trigger pull on all but the first
shot. NO EXTRACTOR. If you have a misfire, you tip up the barrel and dig
out the bad round. Pulling the trigger on a bad round will hit it again.

She sold it and now has a KelTec P32. Smaller, lighter, thinner.
Has an extractor. You do have to rack the slide a bit to get it to second strike. A little more of a break-in period, but it's run great for years.

Flint Rock 03-22-2008 03:09 AM

No Bite.

After about 250 rounds I can say that I've never been bit by my Tomcat (glove size large hands). No feeding issues or extraction issues. The tip up barrel works better than I would have ever guessed. I have never had to "dig" a round out of the barrel. I can use the barrel release and when the barrel pops up it will throw the shell out.

Tom the roofer 03-24-2008 12:49 AM

When I was bit I was not holding the pistol properly. I shot 50 rounds or more yesterday with no problems. Just hold the pistol properly. Glove size X large to XX large. :D I love my little Tomcats :)

Fozzy_Bear 03-28-2008 07:56 PM

I added a hogue grip to mine. It has a little lump that slides your hand away from the moving parts.

-- Just a thought...

TnRebel 04-01-2008 02:03 AM

my wife Carry's the KalTec P3AT in 380 and just loves to shoot it . Now she wants the pink one ;)

henryk 04-16-2008 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom the roofer (Post 19876)
When I was bit I was not holding the pistol properly. I shot 50 rounds or more yesterday with no problems. Just hold the pistol properly. Glove size X large to XX large. :D I love my little Tomcats :)

My new Tomcat is a week old and has had 100 rounds thru it already without a hitch. What I like best about it is the accuracy that I never really expected.

Ruger Redhawk 05-15-2008 08:11 PM

I have one basically in the same breed just different animal.
I have a Bobcat M-21A. Inox model? It's stainless bbl,slide and anodized frame.I've had it a few years and have only shot it a couple times with allot of disappointment. The thing jams constantly,especially after 25 rounds.I wanted it just for something to slip in my pocket for a quick run to the store.On another site there's been allot of talk about this particular model.Most comments weren't on the positive side.I haven't fired it with any of the Hyper velocity 22's so that might be part of the problem.Next time out I'm going to try Stingers in it.Anybody else have experience with the little 21 A's?

henryk 05-15-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruger Redhawk (Post 24130)
I have one basically in the same breed just different animal.
I have a Bobcat M-21A. Inox model? It's stainless bbl,slide and anodized frame.I've had it a few years and have only shot it a couple times with allot of disappointment. The thing jams constantly,especially after 25 rounds.I wanted it just for something to slip in my pocket for a quick run to the store.On another site there's been allot of talk about this particular model.Most comments weren't on the positive side.I haven't fired it with any of the Hyper velocity 22's so that might be part of the problem.Next time out I'm going to try Stingers in it.Anybody else have experience with the little 21 A's?

I have a new 21A in .25 cal and it is perfect so far. 120 rounds of ball and JHP. I bought it for my wife and wanted to try it out first. Works perfectly. A pleasure to shoot after dealing with some very small mouse guns in .380 and 9mm lately.