Beretta Storm/XD 45 acp ????? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta Storm/XD 45 acp ?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 05:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Doc, is there a reason the M&P45 is not up for consideration?

Old 09-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #12

Likes Given: 2

No reason. Just don't know much about them, I have never owned a S&W Semi-auto before.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 09-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

When I was shopping for a carry gun, I looked at the XD, Glock, M&P, and Kahr. I really liked the fit and finish of the M&P over the XD - the Glock just didn't fit my hand or feel good and the Kahr was $$$. So far, my M&P is flawless, even on cheap Blazer ammo. Just another option to consider.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #14

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3483 Times on 1611 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo11 View Post
See, I'm trying to diversify, I just got the 5" 1911, I don't want another one....YET! I want a higher capacity polymer gun to supplement my 1911. I guess that's the word I should have used, "supplement" NOT "Back Up".
Yeah, I kind of understand that, but personally, if you like the 5" - then what is the drive to add a completely different platform?

Are we talking a different caliber? Because I think that is a horrible idea. But to each their own. You did say you want another .45, so why change platforms?

Are we talking a need for a higher capacity weapon that makes you "feel" safer? What kind of higher capacity are we talking about? 10 rounds? 14 rounds? 30 rounds?

I mean, get yourself an AR "pistol", with a shoulder rig, and plan on wearing a groin length jacket when you go out - then you have all the "supplemental" firepower you could possibly want.

What is the ideal, end goal of what you are trying to achieve??

Old 09-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #15

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

You could always just buy some 10rd. mags for the 1911 and pretend it's poly.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I have greatly enjoyed my XD45 tactical model. It has not failed to fire yet and seems to be pretty accurate (as much as it could be in my unpracticed hands). It takes down easily and fits my hand very comfortably. I would not hesitate to recommend it to any of my friends looking for a large caliber pistol. I doubt it has anywhere near the customization options available to a 1911, so if you want to work on your new gun, this might not be the best one.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #17

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Yeah, I kind of understand that, but personally, if you like the 5" - then what is the drive to add a completely different platform?

Are we talking a different caliber? Because I think that is a horrible idea. But to each their own. You did say you want another .45, so why change platforms?

Are we talking a need for a higher capacity weapon that makes you "feel" safer? What kind of higher capacity are we talking about? 10 rounds? 14 rounds? 30 rounds?

I mean, get yourself an AR "pistol", with a shoulder rig, and plan on wearing a groin length jacket when you go out - then you have all the "supplemental" firepower you could possibly want.

What is the ideal, end goal of what you are trying to achieve??
No, I don't want another caliber, I just dumped all my 40 S&W ammo and I want out of it for good. The only Semi-auto caliber I want are 9mm and 45 ACP. Higher Capacity would be plus, but it would mostly be about owning an experiencing a different weapon. But at the same time I would like to avoid buying another POS like my Ruger was. I've also been looking into Sig's but they're a little higher in price.

Not a big fan of those Goofy AR pistols.......Even if I had buckets of money I wouldn't own one of those things.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 09-06-2009, 03:39 AM   #18

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I tried out a Beretta PX4 Storm when looking for a polymer pistol, and although it felt comfortable in my hand I ended up going with an M&P. Its just as comfortable and is easier to field strip and clean. It's also easier to conceal, the Beretta is a bit bulkier.

I'm not a big fan of DA/SA pistols, I prefer either single action pistols or striker fired ones since both offer a consistent trigger pull on all shots.

I'm not sure how much of an advantage, if any, the rotating barrel is.

If what you're looking for is a high capacity .45, you ought to take a look at ParaOrdnance pistols. You can get either a single action 1911 or one of their LDA ("light double action") pistols. The full size models have a 14+1 capacity...
(canto XII, st. 6)

Old 09-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #19

I vote XD45, mine has been perfect!