Beretta Storm/XD 45 acp ?????
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta Storm/XD 45 acp ?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 07:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default Beretta Storm/XD 45 acp ?????

I'm thinking about getting a polymer framed 45 to back up my 1911. I'm kind of torn between the Beretta Storm and the full frame S.A. XD. Does anyone have any experience with these guns?? Please share.

Thanks as always,
Doc

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

XD all the way!

Old 09-05-2009, 05:28 PM   #3

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

I've owned both and prefer the XD. I find the full-size XD .45 kind of clunky looking and much prefer the Compact model myself. The XD .45 Compact is my truck gun and goes everywhere with me...

Old 09-05-2009, 05:32 PM   #4

What makes it better than the Storm????

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 09-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #5

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Between them two, Beretta Storm and the full frame S.A. XD, I would have to choose the XD also, based on personal experience with the Beretta. The XD is easy to field strip, clean, oil. The Beretta is not quite as easy. I like the double safety feature (trigger pull safety AND palm safety) of the XD better than the thumb safety of the Beretta. Shooting wise the XD is more accurate and had less muzzle climb than the Beretta. Both are great investments. But persona preference, I would suggest the Springfield Armory XD, even the compacts, over the PX4 storm.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-05-2009, 05:37 PM   #6

That's kind of the way I've been leaning, but the Beretta feels WAY better in my hands. I just don't wanna buy another gun like my old Ruger P944 that feels good but shoots like ****.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo11 View Post
That's kind of the way I've been leaning, but the Beretta feels WAY better in my hands. I just don't wanna buy another gun like my old Ruger P944 that feels good but shoots like ****.
Maybe it's the loose nut behind the handle.

I don't like the Storm line from Beretta, but that is personal preference. They shoot fine, I just don't personally like them.

The XD is a very good improvement over the disaster that is The Ghey, and it's a good shooting weapon. It's not my first choice, but I would choose it over the Storm line....

JD

Old 09-05-2009, 05:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Maybe it's the loose nut behind the handle.
That could be too!! But I have no problem with my other handguns.

My favorite is my Steyr M9-A1 and if they made it in 45ACP I wouldn't be asking this question.

JD- What would your first choice be then??

Old 09-05-2009, 06:05 PM   #9

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo11 View Post

JD- What would your first choice be then??
For a back up, easy to carry, easy to conceal handgun?

4.25" 1911 in .45 ACP.

Commander sized frame, fits my hands better, slim line grips, on a single stack platform, 7+1 rounds of 230gr manstoppers. If you get an aluminum frame, you are looking at, what, about 28 or 30 ounces?

I just don't ever see myself getting into a day to day situation were 7+1 and a couple of spare mags WOULDN'T be enough to get me out of danger. I don't need to slay an entire Los Zetas hit squad ( yet ) and by the time I empty my frist mag, I plan on being on the move...

JD

Old 09-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #10

See, I'm trying to diversify, I just got the 5" 1911, I don't want another one....YET! I want a higher capacity polymer gun to supplement my 1911. I guess that's the word I should have used, "supplement" NOT "Back Up".