Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Beretta or Sig or Springfield? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/beretta-sig-springfield-82063/)

Kemosabe 01-21-2013 08:21 PM

Beretta or Sig or Springfield?

For a couple weeks I have been thinking about my next purchase. The three I have narrowed down is the Berretta PX-4, Sig Sauer P229, or Springfield XD. I want a full size or close to it, but I have not decided on which caliber to get. If I'm not mistaken all three offer interchangeable barrels, and your first purchase must be anything but a 9mm. However your choice for get your barrel can be a 9mm.

I know there are pros and cons with all three, but I would like to get your opinion on which one you would choose and why. I am not considering this to be my CCW but it would be my HD along with my Mossberg 500.

Your help is always appreciated and considered!

orangello 01-21-2013 08:59 PM

I have been VERY happy with my failure-free XD45 with the 5" geezer barrel. Reliable, accurate, and reasonably priced all in one soft-shooting package. A buddy has the XD9 with the 4" barrel; it seems to be similarly reliable and accurate with cheaper ammo. I have not tried a barrel swap.

This pistol is my dog substitute; it always rides with me in the car or truck. Linus's blanket could not be more comforting than this pistol and a spare mag in that ugly generic nylon holster sitting on the passenger seat or stuffed barrel-down between the seats.

This was my first pistol that wasn't black, stainless, or blued; the OD green has grown on me.

Try all three if possible and pick the most comfortable grip.

drvsafe 01-21-2013 09:14 PM

I love my SIG P229r. Reliable, accurate and well built. Can't beat SIG as for C'S and warranty as well.

JonM 01-21-2013 09:50 PM

the only straight up negative things i can say about the px4 is the barrel rotates and for a bit there was a magazine shortage for em. not sure if the mag issue was resolved or not. i dont think i like the idea of a rotating barrel as i think its entirely possible for undo stress to be put on the extractor or case. im just very reluctant to adopt a radical new design that hasnt had a lot of proofing in the hands of the general public.

beretta makes decent guns and the sigs are decent as are the xdm. i would say pick which appeals to you the most, fits your hand like a glove, and is in stock with available extra mags. none of them are bad choices.

eborden1122 01-21-2013 10:36 PM

SIG, SIG, SIG, SIG, SIG, SIG and SIG again.

jjfuller1 01-21-2013 10:42 PM

Sig or SA. Both are great guns. If cost is an issue go with SA. But mostly go with which one fits you better and feels better to hold.

bigrock44 01-21-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eborden1122
SIG, SIG, SIG, SIG, SIG, SIG and SIG again.

I second that......

glockman55 01-21-2013 11:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 80764

Sig..would be a good choice..

CHLChris 01-21-2013 11:33 PM

I'm not a GLOCK man, myself, but I know that you can easily convert the 40SW into a 9mm with a barrel and different mags. I didn't know that was the case with Sig, XD, and Beretta.

I shot a PX4 in 40S&W once. It was the ONLY .40 that I have ever liked.

I, for one, own several XDm's and trust them with my life. I really like the DAO trigger. The SA/DA of the Sig and Beretta is not my cup of tea...

BeyondTheBox 01-21-2013 11:51 PM

Dood, terrible choice to make, they're all fantastic firearms!