Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta Px4 vs. Springfield XDm vs. CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Beretta Px4 vs. Springfield XDm vs. CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom

I'm new here and was looking to purchase my first handgun. I wanted a light full size carry gun with a rail, which as I've found is pretty much limited to polymer guns. I want it 9mm because I also intend to take it to the range. Before any one says "Get a Glock!" I've already shot some and hated them, but I found I like the guns above.

I'd like to be able to add parts to the point where I can drive nails with it, but no requirement. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-17-2012, 02:28 AM   #2

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I would check out a M&P as well.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:00 AM   #3

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
I would check out a M&P as well.
Is there any chance you can try the 3 and the one recommended by silver out? I didn't get to shoot my Px4 before I bought it but I was fortunate enough to fondel a whole bunch of models all at the same store. I was able to get a good hands on feel and settled on the one that fit me best. It turned out that she shoots like a dream too

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-17-2012, 03:13 AM   #4

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

+1 definitely fondle them all at the very least to see which one feels the best for you.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:26 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 79 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by swollengoat View Post
I'm new here and was looking to purchase my first handgun. I wanted a light full size carry gun with a rail, which as I've found is pretty much limited to polymer guns. I want it 9mm because I also intend to take it to the range. Before any one says "Get a Glock!" I've already shot some and hated them, but I found I like the guns above.

I'd like to be able to add parts to the point where I can drive nails with it, but no requirement. Thanks.

I have PX4 9mm in Compact and XDM .40 3.8". Love them both for different reasons.

PX4 has the double to single action which I like. I can keep clip full and one in pipe with safety on. If my wife ever needs to use it (hopefully not on me), she clicks up the safety and starts firing. I like the striker fire in the XDM but if I had to chose one gun or the other I would chose the PX4 because my wife can't rack a slide. Really a choice of preference. PX4 wins for personal reasons, if no wife, XDM wins.

Accuracy about the same, although the XDm has a heavier trigger pull that you have to get used to. I thought the gun was broken for my first 50 rounds, then i realized I was broken. PX4 wins.

Breakdown and cleaning, the PX4 is not hard but the XDM is incredibly simple, XDM wins.

PX4 has had serious problems with clip and how it handles alloy ammo. No problem with any brass ammo, just alloy ammo. If it weren't for the ammo problem, I would have bought a PX4 .40. XDM, no problem with ammo. XDM wins.

Both are great guns.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:21 AM   #6

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

XDM all the way. XD is slightly cheaper.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #7

I've shot PX4 and the XDm, but I never really stopped to feel them both. I'll do that next trip to the range. I know the PX4 kept jamming on me, but it's a range gun so I shouldn't be surprised. I'll just have to go back and shoot til my wrist hurts. PX4 is kind of sexy in my opinion. Glock could learn something from them.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Beretta Px4 vs. Springfield XDm vs. CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom tough choice

All good guns.

I agree with you on Glocks - I've sold all of mine except one.

I own all three (my CZ is the 85 Combat) - and as suggested #4 S&W M&P

Ranking For me - it may be different for you:

1. S&W M&P

2. Beretta PX4

3. CZ

4. XDm

You should rent / borrow or beg and shoot each gun.

All guns shoot differently .. what's good for me may not be best for you.

Again .. don't just take peoples advise .. go shoot them