Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta Px4 subcompact help needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Beretta Px4 subcompact help needed

I'm new here and have a question for those more experienced. I just shot a friend of mine's new Beretta Px4 subcompact 9mm. I loved it, but with one problem. The safety on it is incredibly difficult to maneuver with my thumb. I had to use both hands on the gun to turn it to "fire", and I don't consider myself to be a weak person (6'3 190lbs). Maybe its because the gun was brand new and the safety needs to be flicked on/off a few hundred times to make it easier? Do Beretta's have a history of difficult safety switches needing an aftermarket part?

I don't know the answer because I'm pretty much a Glock/Springfield XD type of guy - no classic safety switch to mess with. I'm considering purchasing my own Px4, but I'm not about to buy something that I can not manipulate quickly as I would potentially use it for concealed carry.

My blog - I sell nothing don't worry.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-29-2011, 09:03 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Every Beretta I have come across has a terrible safety, I wouldn't own one for that reason, as for aftermarket safeties, I don't know of any, but maybe someone more knowledgeable than I am will swing by to inform you of one.

Not all of us are trophy hunters.