Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (
-   -   Beretta Px4 subcompact help needed (

mcfroggin 04-29-2011 09:47 PM

Beretta Px4 subcompact help needed
I'm new here and have a question for those more experienced. I just shot a friend of mine's new Beretta Px4 subcompact 9mm. I loved it, but with one problem. The safety on it is incredibly difficult to maneuver with my thumb. I had to use both hands on the gun to turn it to "fire", and I don't consider myself to be a weak person (6'3 190lbs). Maybe its because the gun was brand new and the safety needs to be flicked on/off a few hundred times to make it easier? Do Beretta's have a history of difficult safety switches needing an aftermarket part?

I don't know the answer because I'm pretty much a Glock/Springfield XD type of guy - no classic safety switch to mess with. I'm considering purchasing my own Px4, but I'm not about to buy something that I can not manipulate quickly as I would potentially use it for concealed carry.

Samples.32 04-29-2011 10:03 PM

Every Beretta I have come across has a terrible safety, I wouldn't own one for that reason, as for aftermarket safeties, I don't know of any, but maybe someone more knowledgeable than I am will swing by to inform you of one.