Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Beretta nano (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/beretta-nano-63033/)

zjy 04-22-2012 02:53 AM

Beretta nano

For pocket pistols, any reviews on the beretta nano?

okdonk 04-22-2012 03:00 AM

I haven't seen or held the Nano in person. But i think Nano is the rival of the newly released S&W M&P Shield. Which i have seen & held it in person. Read nothing but good reviews for Shield.. but nothing as much for the Nano. They are about the same price though.
Sorry for not being able to give any inputs about the Nano.

Polygon 04-22-2012 03:30 AM

This is the first I'm hearing of the Nano.

zjy 04-22-2012 03:57 AM

Thanks for the reply, looks like a nice gun, will wait and listen.

okdonk 04-22-2012 04:04 AM

Browse and watch the videos of the Nano or Shield in youtube. So you will have any idea about these 2 guns. Nano is made by Beretta, i think it's a great gun.

Oblivion9 04-24-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okdonk
I haven't seen or held the Nano in person. But i think Nano is the rival of the newly released S&W M&P Shield. Which i have seen & held it in person. Read nothing but good reviews for Shield.. but nothing as much for the Nano. They are about the same price though.
Sorry for not being able to give any inputs about the Nano.

Nano is much smaller than shield. I looked at one but I'll wait until there is an extended mag.

Shoots2little 04-24-2012 03:17 AM

Wife got the Nano recently, fun gun once you find what it will shoot reliably. I have a bunch of federal champion and several other 'inexpensive' 9mm 115gn fmj ammo that it won't fire a full magazine without a FTE. Hers really likes UMC for what ever reason. Not one hiccup with that ammo in 500 rounds. We tried a bunch of personal defense ammo, 115, 124, 137 in 3-4 different flavors without any issues as well. We just know not to shoot federal through it so easy enough.

I have fairly large hands so my pinky isn't even on the magazine but it is completely manageable to keep on target with minimal muzzle flip.

The size is great, really close to a Kahr PM9 in all aspects.

The take down is really easy and quick and I don't mind having to use a 'tool' (penny, spent case, magazine lip) to do it.

Trigger is just getting broken in bit and getting even better.

Oblivion9 04-25-2012 09:36 PM

I ended up getting a keltec pf9 instead if nano.

Funny thing is you have to use a casing to break down the keltec but is never mentioned as a negative for that gun, but I've seen much bitching about nano.

dax 04-26-2012 03:21 AM

First off, Glock 19 is my regular ccw. For those special events where size matters, I cc a Sig Sauer P290. However, overall Glock 19 rules. That said, I've been interested in the Nano since it was announced. Finally got a hold of a Nano at the gun shop. Did not fire test it, but once in my hand the feeling was gone. It just doesn't feel good to me. That is a very personal matter, though. In my hands, the Sig Sauer P290 just feels much better and for me and so far so good. Until, I have a chance to shoot a Nano, preliminarily it is thumbs down for me.

Edlled 04-30-2012 02:36 AM

Incredibly accurate and concealable gun.
I'm not a very good shooter yet but this gun will make anyone look good.
It will feel a bit odd in your hand at the store but when you shoot it, it all goes away.
Don't use 115 grain ammo or limp wrist it and you'll have nothing to worry about.
It gets my vote and then some.