Beretta MP-9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta MP-9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 11:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Beretta MP-9

Hi
New Member trying to decide on new handgun purchase.
Currently carry a Glock 22 on job and a 27 for personal carry.
Looking at Beretta M-9 which I know is a good reliable weapon.
Does anybody know if 22lr conversion kit will work with M-9 or only on model 92
Love the Glocks too just thought try something different
Only downside I've heard about Beretta is someone with knowledge of gun can easily remove slide with one hand rendering it useless.
Was also looking at EAA Witness 45ACP sold with conversion kit but have heard stories of slides cracking and poor customer service.
Any feedback appreciated

Last edited by eggs1959; 12-02-2010 at 01:38 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #2

Default New Gun Purchase

After some research ended up going with the Beretta 92F 9mm
Got a great price plus Beretta is offering $ 50.00 rebate for military and LEOS
Can't wait to get to range now
Now have to try and talk wife into buying me a conversion kit from Beretta
Hmmm maybe for x-mas

Old 12-02-2010, 11:14 PM   #3

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Only downside I've heard about Beretta is someone with knowledge of gun can easily remove slide with one hand rendering it useless.
Whoever told you this may have watched too many Jackie Chan movies. Anybody that can simultaneously depress the stop catch button, rotate the take down catch and release the slide off of the frame "easily" with one hand is probably bulletproof anyway...

Nice gun...I have a 92FS, sweet shooter...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-03-2010, 01:57 AM   #4

Actually had a co-worker see the range officer at P.O academy do it to a cadet. Of course after buying one and seeing whats involved to remove slide I don't see how he did it

Old 12-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #5

If I drew my gun to protect myself from someone close enough to strip the slide off, they'd have a handfull of hot lead in 'em before they even thought about trying it. It's not something to worry about. I have one, and I carry one in the Army, but I wouldn't carry a double/single gun for defense. Stick with your Glocks, and shoot the Beretta on the one way range.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:07 PM   #6
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Whoever told you this may have watched too many Jackie Chan movies.
Actually, I think it's Jet Li.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 12-04-2010, 04:55 AM   #7
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
Actually, I think it's Jet Li.
Either way that isn't going to happen unles it's in a movie. I don't know of a semi auto you could do this with....have to love the movies

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 12-04-2010, 05:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
Either way that isn't going to happen unles it's in a movie. I don't know of a semi auto you could do this with....have to love the movies
You can do it with a Beretta, I've done it(unloaded). But- If someone is going for it, shoot him in the hand, and then in the face.

Old 12-04-2010, 05:41 AM   #9
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afi1 View Post
You can do it with a Beretta, I've done it(unloaded). But- If someone is going for it, shoot him in the hand, and then in the face.
Calling BS, takes two hands to remove the slide and can't be done while in condition one (ready to fire) let alone while the pistol is in the hands of another person in seconds to make the pistol non operational before they put you to earth. You must be a ninja 4th level

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 12-04-2010, 05:46 AM   #10

Don't know about the condition one, because the gun I've done it on was unloaded; I'm pretty sure your right though, because it should hang up on the mag otherwise. But, all you do is push the slide back a hair with the palm of your hand, and with your thumb you push the button on the left side of the frame, and with your index or middle finger, swing the lever down and pull the slide off. This is considering the gun is pointed at you, and you do it with your right hand. Give it a try if you think it's BS. Also, the pistol we were doing this on was a well worn Army issue service pistol. I don't know if that makes a difference. I'll try it later with my 92F.