Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta mod 70S, grip modification or coating?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Beretta mod 70S, grip modification or coating?

I have a 70S in .380 that I acquired. I really did not like the gun until I shot it. It is deadly accurate with me shooting it and I am inclined to use it as a concealed carry piece. There are a few things I need to tweak but I think we can get there.

I already removed the hammer lock with clip out. Just annoying more than anything. Now I can lower the hammer with the clip out.

The slide action lock sucks and takes too much force to actuate and usually require pulling the slide back a bit. I always prefer my guns drop with just a finger push. Do you guys usually mod the lever, the notch in the slide, or just add grease in there? Any other secrets? I am a machinist/engineer so I have the means I guess.

Also, probably the biggest issue right now is these cheapy plastic grips. I was hoping to find some nice wood grips. I would actually machine them if there were any buyers for them. Takers?? Just not worth my time for 1 set so I was looking at just applying a coating on them. I thought about a grip sleeve but the coating seems a slicker approach if I can find something that will stick well and hold up.

Last edited by fastline; 11-05-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here