Is a Beretta for me? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Is a Beretta for me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 03:37 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

One thing you may not have considered, I believe the 96D does not have a safety, therefore each pull of the trigger must also cock the hammer on that gun. Some folks don't like all double action shooting, it removes one of the reasons to carry a semi-auto...

Old 11-10-2010, 05:21 AM   #22

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Beretta 92F(S) - I don't own one but what more is there to say except if it were a woman, it would be Megan Fox but more reliable! It's one sexy gun.

The thing has been around close to 40 years and is a proven design. What more is there to say?

I dislike the haters out there who still cite slide to frame breakages in the older 92F over 20 years ago which Beretta fixed a long time ago!

The grip on the regular 92's can be a bit big for some hands but not really an issue if you are shooting using a modern two-handed combat grip IMO.

I don't own one but it's on my list of ones to buy in the future.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:11 AM   #23

Ya' Gotta' Getta' Beretta! Out of all my Beretta's I love my 92FS the most. Big, heavy, 9mm, light recoil, little muzzle flip, hi-cap mags, hard to ccw though. I open carry it on the homestead during the day and it sits on my nightstand at night. I also have a Remington 870 Youth Express leaning up against the wall on my side of the bed. My wife has an INOX 3032 Tom Cat on her nightstand. I CCW a Stainless Kimber Eclipse Ultra 2. Just my.02

Last edited by BerettaMan; 11-15-2010 at 01:14 AM.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:25 AM   #24

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Well I am considering it. Is there anything in particular I should be aware of for a 92fs, or questions that I should ask the dealer? I know the Italy vs US made differences and Inox vs blued etc. I was just thinking more along the lines of internal parts if they have changed in different models or if Beretta had some dud versions or parts that have been known to be faulty and replaced with other parts.

Things like plastic parts versus metal ones. I can look at the finish, but I have never had a handgun before and am wondering about the internal functions. Anyone have any knowledge on things like that?

Thanks

"Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem."
- Ronald Reagan

Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

"We are the people that we have been waiting for."
-Unknown-

"No Compromise"
Canada's National Firearms Association

Old 12-02-2010, 12:21 AM   #25

The recoil spring guide rod in the 92 is made of plastic, which some people don't like

It's not like it bears any load though, some people just prefer to have as many metal parts as possible. You can order a steel one from Beretta for $25. Or, get one from Taurus for $12 or so, as they make a copy built from a factory they bought from Beretta

I'm in the market for a new 9mm, and the 92fs is one of the two guns I've narrowed it down to. I recently had the opportunity to rent one and put 100 rounds through it. It was incredibly comfortable to shoot, accurate, reliable, and it's a damn sexy piece of technology. As the sidearm of choice for the US military, you know it's reliable and dependable. And it'll never be hard to get parts for it if you should need to, or accessories

Biggest thing when buying a gun is to find out if it feels comfortable. I guess it can be a little big for some people. It definitely isn't a small gun

Old 12-03-2010, 03:31 AM   #26

92FS has a wonderful trigger. Shot a very used one in Vegas and it did quite nicely.

My series 70 (.22) is a real pleasure to shoot. Have not met a Beretta I did not like.