Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Is a Beretta for me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 06:49 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

[QUOTE=Nake48;349359]92FS is my absolute favorite carry, yes it's huge but I just like the way it feels. It has a laser on it, but it costs a little extra. The current holster is a black Galco holster.[/QUOTE

Reply to the quote from above.

"Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem."
- Ronald Reagan

Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

"We are the people that we have been waiting for."
-Unknown-

"No Compromise"
Canada's National Firearms Association

Old 09-24-2010, 04:29 PM   #12

I did finally get a new ported barrel on it too, and I haven't taken it to the range yet, but I really want too; haven't had the time yet ugh. It is actually a little less in weight than the stock barrel and it's SS. I got my carry permit a little while ago and I have been carrying it. It fits in a fobus holster really nicely since the grip uses the laser and there is no picitanni rail on it. Because the barrel is longer than the stock it sticks out a bit, but the holster can always be adjusted with the different shirt and pants. Sadly though it is the lightest gun I own, that I can legally carry.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:07 PM   #13

I'll get the picture as soon as I get home, work won't allow weapons on the premises.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:23 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Beretta 92FS

Beretta is a fine gun. Parts will be available for a long time because they signed a new contract to supply them for the US military. It was the most tested gun the US Military beating out Sig. Very reliable and a work horse. For a gun that will give you years of service the Beretta is my first choice.
Stay away from the Taurus knock off.

Beretta 92 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Last edited by 007BondJamesBond007; 09-24-2010 at 07:27 PM.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:54 AM   #15

not that i have anything to add that's worthwhile to your decision making process, but my first gun is gonna be an italian 92fs once my firearm owner registration goes through in hopefully ~30 days...been reading up on them for a while now...gonna rent whatever i can at the local range first, but i've held the 92 and read enough that I know it'll be my first purchase..

i already have 5-6 on the list for AFTER the 92 tho...

Old 09-25-2010, 02:02 AM   #16

Well that's the ported barrel as promised.

hawt.jpg  

Old 09-25-2010, 01:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
You are the only one who knows for sure. Try out a few others and then you will have some other options to look at. You never know til you give them a shot. I couldn't tell you what to buy.
This actually sound advice. The Sigma is an exact copy of the Glock. So much so Glock parts will fit and vice versa and Glock also won their lawsuit against Smith & Wesson. They already produced a few hundred thousand which dropped the price in half. The Glock averages $529 where as the S&W $299. I picked mine up at the local gun show for $249 after $50 mail in rebate. Comes with a lifetime warranty. I should get a kick back from Smith as I personally recommended 14 sold in the last year.

The Beretta is a fine unit. As mentioned this model is heavy and bulky. I agree it's whatever you are comfortable with is the one to get. The best bang for the buck is a Sigma if you can get your hands on one. If the Beretta is your choice then you can't go wrong either. It's good you are doing the research.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:50 AM   #18

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Well, I have to say the 92 is one of the best looking guns I've seen, and the gun itself has a great rep. for reliability and accuracy. Not to mention the easily locatable and affordable ammo. How does the 92fs hold up against rusting? The Inox models are freakin gorgeous but do they really hold up better than the blued? Seeing as how they cost a pretty penny more.

I am leaning towards an Inox but alas they don't have the .40 cals. Oh, and I have been hearing about some people looking for used Beretta 96's. I know a place that is selling them up here - silvercore advanced training google them - its a training centre and they're changing up their stock. They were selling a bunch of 96's for $3-400. IDK if there are any left, or how the shipping/export would work, but if anyone is really interested...

"Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem."
- Ronald Reagan

Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

"We are the people that we have been waiting for."
-Unknown-

"No Compromise"
Canada's National Firearms Association

Old 11-04-2010, 07:41 PM   #19

Some people I know don't really like the INOX or they have had a lot of problems with it. The blued version I have is great, I replaced the stock barrel with a stainless steel barrel from EFKFiredragon. The stainless steel has no rust and there have been easily over 2,000 rounds put through it. Less with the stock barrel of course; but there was no sign of rust or corrosion with the stock barrel and about 1,000 or so rounds put through it.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:46 AM   #20
KAG

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Is a beretta for you?

Yes!

My black 92FS is my favorite shooter over my glock 21 and 1911. I have put ~4000 rounds thru mine and only a handful of FTEs and FTFs. I do blame those on the ammuniton however. completly stock from Italy