Beretta 96 Mods

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta 96 Mods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 03:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Beretta 96 Mods

Hey. I'm new here and this is my first post.

I'm considering picking up a new Beretta 96 and would like to modify it some. I was thinking a Compensator to make it better for target shooting as well as an extended magazine. I've found the extended mags, though they aren't what I was hoping for (They seem to only add a shot or 2 over the existing mags). For the life of me I can't seem to find any information on a Compensator ANYWHERE. I know I've seen pictures of them and I'm amazed that I can't find anything. Might anyone here be able to give me some advice (or even crush my idea by telling me they don't exist)?

Thanks,
Matt

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2881 Times on 1664 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

Welcome to the FTF. We have a section for "Introductions". How about stopping by there?

Customizing a firearm is nice, if done correctly. I don't know how a comp would make a pistol better for target shooting. If anything else, it could make it worse.

I have found that (when on the range) if I load 5 rounds in a mag, I shoot better and I don't waste as much ammo. I am "forced" to take a break to reload mags and have a chance to see where I am putting rounds on the paper. Keeping track of 18 +1 rounds is too confusing for this old head.

One of the best things I have found that have made my handguns better for target shooting is practice. The more I practice, the more the pistol "breaks in" and seems to work better.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 01-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #3

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

About the only guns that really need compensators are very powerful magnum calibers - like the .500 S&W or the .460 Rowland and such. Other than looking "cool", not sure they'd serve any purpose on a .40 Beretta. The gun is large as it is and it would become huge with a compensator. As far as mag capacity - how much do you really need?

Old 01-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #4

Default Compensator

The Compensator would help for multiple shots by reducing the recoil allowing you to regain your target sooner. But at one shot at a time it shouldn't make a difference except for the recoil. If you consider "Porting" it would keep the Beretta's profile the same and do pretty much the same, that way you could get regular holsters also. ( As Always, My Opinion )