Beretta 92FS 9/11 "United We Stand" Appraisal
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta 92FS 9/11 "United We Stand" Appraisal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Beretta 92FS 9/11 "United We Stand" Appraisal

I have access to the Beretta 92FS 9/11 "United We Stand" Edition. There were 2001 made, which doesn't make it extremely limited. However, the one I have access to is Limited run 1 of 2001, and that's stamped on the side. Even the serial number ends in ".....0001". What's it worth to y'all? If I didn't have a college kid's budget, I'd own it and fire off rounds every once in a while. I'd also have it in a custom wood, velvet, and glass case.

So, on to the question. What would people pay to get the gun? I'm not trying to make $1000 on the gun....but I'm hoping to get some cash for my LGS and also put this gun in someone's hands that would appreciate it. It shouldn't be collecting dust!

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-10-2011, 10:25 PM   #2

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Can't recall off the top of my head, but I believe they were going for a pretty hefty price on gunsamerica.com. Check them out, and it will give you a pretty decent ballpark on what people are asking/paying for them.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've been looking for these, and it seems like it's the more rare one. There's a non-numbered INOX version, but this one is Black with gold inlays and has a gold number on it that says "1 of 2001" along with the american flag near the muzzle. Gunsamerica didn't have one that I could find, let me know if you find one.

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorzamora
I've been looking for these, and it seems like it's the more rare one. There's a non-numbered INOX version, but this one is Black with gold inlays and has a gold number on it that says "1 of 2001" along with the american flag near the muzzle. Gunsamerica didn't have one that I could find, let me know if you find one.
I'll see if I can find one and link it up later. I know that's where I saw it because it's the only one I browse.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:09 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

my opinion:

unless the gun belonged to someone famous or was tied to a famous or heroic or infamous action commemorative pieces are worth about what the non-commemerative versions are worth once the fad wears off.

the key to getting money out of commemoritives is to sell them while the demand is hot before the fad wears off

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-11-2011, 05:01 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
my opinion:

unless the gun belonged to someone famous or was tied to a famous or heroic or infamous action commemorative pieces are worth about what the non-commemerative versions are worth once the fad wears off.

the key to getting money out of commemoritives is to sell them while the demand is hot before the fad wears off
That makes sense. I wasn't trying to get money out of it. I simply didn't know what the demand was like for it anymore and figured that, like most collectibles, having #1 of the series is an increase in value. I was just hoping that gun could go to a good owner that would appreciate it if it were valuable/if there was someone that really wanted one. Also, I was hoping to help my LGS by getting some inventory that was collecting dust off of their shelves. The LGS owner said he rarely sells Berettas, and therefore didn't expect to sell it but didn't mind having it because it was so pretty.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #7

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Found one marked as you have listed above for $550.00. It seems that all the blued ones with gold inlay are all marked 1 of 2001. On another site, found one brand new for $700.00 or OBO but had additional grips, holsters and ammo too. So the price for these seems to be down from when they were made and first came out.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #8

That seems to be a bit if an understatement, the ones I remember seeing were around 1k.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:46 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well, if you know of anyone that wants one.....point them my way. Unless all of them are #1 of 2001, in which case there are over 2000 of them and it's no big deal.