Beretta 92FS
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta 92FS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 12:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Beretta 92FS

I am thinking about buying a Beretta 92FS. Any feedback will be appreciated. Not looking at it for concealed carrying purpose.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-11-2010, 01:13 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well I own a Taurus pt92 and it's about the same other than the safety and I love mine it's very reliable. I've heard that the Beretta's are a very fine piece to have and I want one my self. Only because I love the platform these guns are on!

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry

Old 05-11-2010, 04:18 AM   #3

One of my favorite firearms. Easy to shoot.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:22 AM   #4

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rican View Post
I am thinking about buying a Beretta 92FS. Any feedback will be appreciated. Not looking at it for concealed carrying purpose.

I've had a 92FS for a year or so now. Not a single feed or eject problem to date with many types and brands of ammo. Very accurate out of the box, has a very balanced feel to it with hardly a noticable recoil. Follow-up shots get on target very naturally with this frame. Field strip and cleaning is a snap. Mags are kinda pricey I believe but mine came with 3 (police version) so I am ok.

Some don't like the slide mounted safety or first shot DA trigger pull if you use the decock lever. It is a tad long, but not enough to make the gun unusable in any way. I think that is more a 1911 shooter thing anyway, after awhile you get used to it.

Lucky for you that this is not being considered for CCW. The 92FS is about 2 pounds empty and just too big to conceal, open holster carry only. As a truck or HD gun or just plain ole plinking at the range this gun is hard to beat, in my opinion anyway.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 05-11-2010, 07:43 AM   #5

Liked 4791 Times on 2317 Posts
Likes Given: 1479

We had these in the Infantry. I'm a 1911 guy so I never really warmed up to the 9mm but I can't fault the platform. Always reliable and consider the source. Thirty days in my holster back when I was humping the PIG is more abuse than you'll give one over a lifetime of use.

I never had or saw a malfunction but I've heard of several FTF's from the sandbox. Seems they were due to cheap aftermarket mag's. The black finish was flaking off of these mags, inside, and feeding up into the guns.

GI's found a fix. They wrote home for factory Berretta mags and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Stick w/factory mags and you'll be happy with the M92.

If you'd like to save a couple of hundred on a gun of similar weight and handling, look at the CZ75

TACK

Old 05-11-2010, 12:43 PM   #6

I bought a 92FS about a year ago as well. I really like the feel of the gun...very hefty. I like the 9MM for it's economy. No issues after 500 rounds or so.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:59 PM   #7

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

The military uses it and that makes it interesting by itself. It is a fine handgun that I personally have never warmed up to. Too heavy and bulky for concealed carry and it does not fit my hands well. I can shoot it just fine but it is work to do so because it does not point right for me.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Great pistol, never a feed issue at all with mine--very plesant to shoot. Also, if you get the Baretta version you can shoot it at national match events if you so desire (the Taurus version isn't authorized). Enjoy it!!

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"

Old 05-11-2010, 11:39 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5681 Times on 2968 Posts
Likes Given: 376

never cared for em. the triggers are pretty poor in both modes. for 9mm the cz75 is far far superior. used the 92fs as my duty weapon as an mp. the open slide is a debris magnet under field conditions and just about every piece of lint and debris would find its way tween the barrel and slide. kinda on the order of the ww1 french chauchau machine gun mags.

as a range gun should be fine for target shooting. i really hated the idea of staking my life on that thing when on patrol.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:02 AM   #10

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
never cared for em. the triggers are pretty poor in both modes. for 9mm the cz75 is far far superior. used the 92fs as my duty weapon as an mp. the open slide is a debris magnet under field conditions and just about every piece of lint and debris would find its way tween the barrel and slide. kinda on the order of the ww1 french chauchau machine gun mags.
I concur with what he said about the CZ75 and 92FS, except my slide was never open on my duty weapon....different job, different rules, fun times.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”