Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta 92a1 vs Sig p226

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 02:32 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 224 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 439

Glad she is ok, congrats on the purchase.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 06-11-2012, 02:33 AM   #22

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by capto56 View Post
Her shot hit the steel bar holding the target at our local gun range. A fragment somehow came back and hit her neck. She's alright. A little freaked out. Showed her how important safety glasses are.
Wow..When I was a kid, I had that happen in my basement with a CO2 pellet rifle. Missed my eye by an inch. Never told my Dad because I figured he wouldn't let me shoot down there again.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:18 AM   #23

Liked 4553 Times on 2201 Posts
Likes Given: 1361

Quote:
Originally Posted by capto56 View Post
Thanks for the responses. I think I've decided on the beretta. Another reason is because of the accessory rail.

Not sure if I'll ever use it but it'll be nice to have the option. And with the money I save I can be through 1000 rounds before I'd reach the price of a sig.
I can't fault your choice, congratulations and WELCOME to the wide world of handgunning!

I carried the Barreta while in the service and own the Sig 226. Being intimately familiar with both platforms I chose the Sig because I preferred the de-cocked only to Barretas decock/safety But this is subjective personal thing and should not sway anyone else. I also felt that the open slide design of the Barreta presented more opportunity for foreign material to jam the weapon but I'd it's HD only, this should not be a concern.

Congrats again and shoot safely!

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 06-11-2012 at 03:23 AM.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:37 AM   #24

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I can't fault your choice, congratulations and WELCOME to the wide world of handgunning!

I carried the Barreta while in the service and own the Sig 226. Being intimately familiar with both platforms I chose the Sig because I preferred the de-cocked only to Barretas decock/safety But this is subjective personal thing and should not sway anyone else. I also felt that the open slide design of the Barreta presented more opportunity for foreign material to jam the weapon but I'd it's HD only, this should not be a concern.

Congrats again and shoot safely!

Tack
I believe the OP bought a Sig Sauer P226 instead according to his last post along with his significant other now being terrified of going to the range due to a piece of ricochet coming back.

Boy, having to choose between a Beretta 92FS and a Sig Sauer P226. Wish all of life's choices were that tough! Monica Belluci or Heidi Klum? Ferrari or Porsche?

Old 06-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #25

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

Sure did. Wish I would have had a chance to handle them both though. The guns, not the girls .

I couldn't pass up the price of the sig, they had a used one too that was in good shape but I figured I'd go the safer route.

Just waiting on my grip screws to come in for my hogue grip now. Can't wait to shoot it with that grip. It fits like a glove when I tried it on.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #26

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Did it come with SRT? Not that it needs it in my opinion. You can always buy the SRT kit if you think you need it. Nice thing about the P226 is that you can buy conversion kits to make them .22LR, 9mm, .40SW, .357 Sig.

Wish H&K had conversion kits but even if it were possible they stamp their serial number so that the frame, barrel, and slide must match.

Last edited by misterballistic; 06-14-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #27

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterballistic
Did it come with SRT? Not that it needs it in my opinion. You can always buy the SRT kit if you think you need it. Nice thing about the P226 is that you can buy conversion kits to make them .22LR, 9mm, .40SW, .357 Sig.

Wish H&K had conversion kits but even if it were possible they stamp their serial number so that the frame, barrel, and slide must match.
It could have. Depends on what an SRT is?

I didnt know the p226 was convertible. I've heard a few guns were, that's good to know. I didn't know it was going to come with an accessory tail either and it did, that was a plus in case I decide to use it.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capto56

It could have. Depends on what an SRT is?

I didnt know the p226 was convertible. I've heard a few guns were, that's good to know. I didn't know it was going to come with an accessory tail either and it did, that was a plus in case I decide to use it.
Short reset trigger. Makes the trigger travel 50% less. Cost around $50.

When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come. With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Guns of Brixton- The Clash

Old 06-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #29

Likes Given: 22

I'm a Sig Guy so I'll recommend the P226.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #30

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Most guns are in fact convertible. The 92 can be converted 40 (making it a 96) if you can locate a slide assembly. SIGs p250 can be converted to 5 different calibers.

When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come. With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Guns of Brixton- The Clash