Beretta 92a1
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta 92a1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 03:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Beretta 92a1

I've been staring at this Beretta 92a1 at one of my local gunstores for a couple months now. I absolutely love the design of it but was wondering if anyone out there currently owns one or has in the past and their thoughts on it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-07-2011, 05:15 AM   #2

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan636 View Post
I've been staring at this Beretta 92a1 at one of my local gunstores for a couple months now. I absolutely love the design of it but was wondering if anyone out there currently owns one or has in the past and their thoughts on it.
I had a 92FS, civilian version - no rail. Great shooter, accurate and reliable. The 92 makes for a great HD and range or truck gun but not the easiest beast to conceal if that's in your plans. A couple guys on the forum do it but it's a challenge...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 09-07-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I have a 92fs anf love it. By the way, just curious, what is the difference in the 92fs and the 92a1? Thanks, Ed

Old 09-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

AFAIK, the A1 has the rail.

I had a Taurus PT92 for a while. I preferred the design because it not only has the safety in the proper location (on the frame, where your thumb is...), but it included a decocker also.

Nearly 2000 rounds, carried it every day, and never had a problem. A couple times I even neglected cleaning until it was audibly gritty when racking the slide, and still never a malfunction with any ammo.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #5

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

The 92FS, M9 and M9A1 are functionally identical yet all had subtle physical differences. Being 100% Mil-Spec the M9 and M9A1 always had metal triggers, front and back grip stippling, different trigger guard, etc. Over time Beretta has incorporated the Mil Spec parts into the 92 so that all models are identical. The 92A1 is the latest civilian version that mimics the M9A1.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 09-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #6

I've held one, and the grip was just way too big for my tastes, plus i try to avoid slide mounted safeties. If it fits your hand however, I would give it a shot. From what I hear they are a very solid shooter.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 09-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #7

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

don't know about stippling, my issued m9 was serrated on the front and back straps. overall I've heard a lot of complaints in the military about the m9, but I'm inclined to think the problem was the issued ammo. When we finished shooting at the range we were told to police our brass AND ROUNDS, I kid you not some of the rounds were punching through the targets and falling to the dirt within 3-5 feet on the other side. I haven't compared civvie versions and issued versions side by side so I couldn't expound on the differences, but personally I really liked the gun, but the grip is just too fat for my hand and that is the only reason I don't have one. they make a single stack with a narrower grip, but if I wanted to reduce my ammo capacity I would rather have bigger bullets than a nine. (not that there's anything wrong with a nine, I'm just not quite willing to trust my life to it unless I have plenty to work with)

right now I'm watching Hellboy and kinda wishing I had a Samaritan

Old 09-08-2011, 01:00 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I have two 92A1s... My fav of all the railed 92 variants. Great guns.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:29 PM   #9

Liked 1079 Times on 717 Posts
Likes Given: 710

+1 n the concealability issue, fat grip & awesome gun. I have the 96A1, I like it. very smooth, no feeding problems. The 96 is the same gun, but in 40 S&W.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I conceal one everyday - I'm 185lbs - 6'1" - not a huge guy...