Beretta 92 vs. Glock 19? Opinions? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta 92 vs. Glock 19? Opinions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 03:52 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
All those pistols, and you don't know a 92 has an aluminum frame?

I'm big, I prefer the extra weight in the pistol.

IMO, for the OP's intents and purposes, a Glock's only real advantage

is reduced recoil.

And yet the 92 still weighs as much as the all steel Hi Power! Which is why I thought it had a steel frame. No doubt it's a good gun but with the light recoiling Glock 19 nearly a pound lighter well you can see advantages.

Not trying to knock your choice therewolf and you're right I don't own a 92, just fired them occasionally over the years, last time about five years ago. And I will admit bias, I never liked that our military replaced the 1911 with the M9.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by Quentin; 04-15-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #52

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Well, a DE fills my paw pretty well, but the handle on a 92 is nice, for me,

especially when you put a Hogue rubber grip on 'er.

I just prefer larger pistols, I guess.

The weight of the 92 is probably slightly more than the P-35 because

Beretta is larger, wider, and uses a re-enforced steel slide.

IDK, the P-35 is a great gun,

and I still hope to own one, someday.

Given their reputation, I wish I could warm up to Glocks, but, sorry,

wa-ay too oogly!

Old 04-16-2012, 01:32 AM   #53

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
... IDK, the P-35 is a great gun,

and I still hope to own one, someday...
Well that's one thing we agree on, therewolf! There is no pistol that feels better in my hand. Sometimes you can find used ones around $500 and the Argentine FM models go lower than that. FEGs too.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:02 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkima
No place nearby to try them out before buying them. Would appreciate some input.
I'm a fairly recent handgun shooter (last summer) and come w/o preconceived notions . I was fortunate enough to have a range of handguns available to me and tested Springfield, XD, Sig Sauer, M&P, Berettas (Storm and 92), Kahr, Ruger and Glocks, every week over a two months time. I liked the look and feel if the Berettas the most but had to ask myself in the end, which was the easiest to shoot with. The answer was Glock, hands down (to my own disappointment initially, I might add). I picked up the 19 rather than the 17 to be able to have the option to carry it.

I quickly got over Glock's "ugly look" and the beauty is in its flawless function. I have since picked up a 17 as well to get the full size feeling at the range, as well as a triplet of German Sig Sauers in various sizes and calibers (228, 226, 220 in 9mm and .45). I really really like to shoot my Sigs, they deliver so much more "sophistication" and character than the Glocks, but if was going to carry something concealed, I will reach for the 19. I currently have a Glock 20 on lay-away that aside from its native 10mm will allow me to get separate slides, barrels and springs so I can shoot .40, .357Sig, and .45. That speaks volumes in how well these guns are put together and how versatile they are.

But my Gen 3, 19 (I don't mess with Gen 4), will stay just as she is, dependable, loaded and ready. I would consider a 92 model but since I haven't paid more than $400-500 for any of my current guns, it's hard for me to motivate the extra cost for what it takes to take home a Beretta. I wouldn't mind a stainless 96 in .40...

Old 04-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #55

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I owned both.

I sold my Glock (in fact all my Glocks except one)

I love my Beretta 92

Beretta's are nice guns.

Have you considered the PX4 Storm from Beretta

They are nice too.