Beretta 92 vs. Glock 19? Opinions? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta 92 vs. Glock 19? Opinions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 02:03 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1
change the look of agun?if you dont like the look then dont buy it i would say now to change parts for better performance then go with a glock there are plenty of upgrades if need be.
There's nothing wrong with changing the look of a gun. Nothing at all. Buy a gun that you want, functionality, price, and style in mind. Then if you want some slick grips, or a polished side release...nothing wrong with that.

But, regardless of what people may think, the GLOCK is not the be all, end all of performance. In not knocking GLOCK (I really don't like them though), they work pretty good...unless you're a limp wristed Nancy like my wife's boyfriend...

Old 04-14-2012, 02:21 AM   #42

I knew i would rattle a few glock fans. and to make amends, Glocks have been proven in many categories... but if the OP is anything like me, who admires metal guns for its fine lines and craftmanship, then the beretta is a better choice. and for heavy every day use; sure the Glock will get the job done for a lesser price. For enthusiast like me who are not licensed to carry, my question to you is; with all the beautiful guns to choose from, why a glock?

Old 04-14-2012, 06:01 AM   #43

Liked 1062 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 1062

Quote:
Originally Posted by testarija View Post
I knew i would rattle a few glock fans. and to make amends, Glocks have been proven in many categories... but if the OP is anything like me, who admires metal guns for its fine lines and craftmanship, then the beretta is a better choice. and for heavy every day use; sure the Glock will get the job done for a lesser price. For enthusiast like me who are not licensed to carry, my question to you is; with all the beautiful guns to choose from, why a glock?
OK you want beauty and metal, how about the Browning Hi Power, Colt 1911, P08 Luger, S&W Models 19, 66 & 5906 and even the Walther P38 and P1 (the inspiration for the Beretta 92)?

Well I have all of them and many for 30+ years so you might call me an enthusiast - but guess what I carry (and I am licensed) these days? Yeah a Glock. Namely the G23 and G27. And why? Well how about 21 oz unloaded vs. 31 to 38 for all steel plus unsurpassed reliability. Might be time for you to learn a new trick as well.

ETA:

Also don't you find your own quote a bit embarrassing? "For enthusiast like me who are not licensed to carry, my question to you is; with all the beautiful guns to choose from, why a glock?"

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by Quentin; 04-14-2012 at 06:09 AM.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:12 AM   #44

I would go with the XDm - that was a choice right?

Old 04-14-2012, 08:45 AM   #45

Liked 712 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

I've had both, the Beretta was a .40 cal though, aside from that its a 92fs. It was a great shooter, it was the only handgun I've had that wouldnt jam, I tried on several occasions to do so and it ate absolute crap ammo. Never jammed to this day, my dad has it now, I did buy it well used though. I sold it because the grips were just too big, if you can get past that is say go for it. I prefer the Beretta trigger to the Glock also.

I bought a Glock 19 about a month ago, the grip feels great and I would also recommend it.

If the Beretta grip was comfortable, I would prefer it as a shooter, but the 19 carries so much better than the clunky 92.

Hold them both, get what feels better, they both shoot great.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #46

Liked 398 Times on 259 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkima View Post
No place nearby to try them out before buying them. Would appreciate some input.
I don't own either one and I've got nothing against either one, so I've got no dog in this fight, but like someone mentioned early on, the M9's a little big and heavy for EDC if that's your intention. When I first got my CPL, I figured on carrying my 1911. Well it didn't take much of that before I was back in the shop looking for something lighter and more compact. It can be done, but the Glock would be a more comfortable carry piece IMHO.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #47

Liked 434 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 1281

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
There's nothing wrong with changing the look of a gun. Nothing at all. Buy a gun that you want, functionality, price, and style in mind. Then if you want some slick grips, or a polished side release...nothing wrong with that.

But, regardless of what people may think, the GLOCK is not the be all, end all of performance. In not knocking GLOCK (I really don't like them though), they work pretty good...unless you're a limp wristed Nancy like my wife's boyfriend...
i dont think that the glock is the end all be all i just think its funny that everyone that puts down the glock is its looks or its feel always the same argument,you can change the look of a glock.iv owned a beretta 92 i sold it to my brother because i did not like the feel of the grip not because of reliability,another thing if limp wristing caused the glock to jam or stove pipe then all that would do is promote better shooting technique but as far as iv seen thats not an issue.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #48

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1

i dont think that the glock is the end all be all i just think its funny that everyone that puts down the glock is its looks or its feel always the same argument,you can change the look of a glock.iv owned a beretta 92 i sold it to my brother because i did not like the feel of the grip not because of reliability,another thing if limp wristing caused the glock to jam or stove pipe then all that would do is promote better shooting technique but as far as iv seen thats not an issue.
I will never knock a tool based on it's looks. I have some ugly ass wrenches, and my sledge hammer and crowbar are covered in rust. I don't like GLOCK because I don't really like plastic, and because the grip angle is unnatural to me. Amazingly to me, I shoot great with them. They DO work too.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #49

Liked 2603 Times on 1480 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Are you thinking of its father, the Walther P1?
All those pistols, and you don't know a 92 has an aluminum frame?

I'm big, I prefer the extra weight in the pistol.

IMO, for the OP's intents and purposes, a Glock's only real advantage

is reduced recoil.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:46 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
OK you want beauty and metal, how about the Browning Hi Power, Colt 1911, P08 Luger, S&W Models 19, 66 & 5906 and even the Walther P38 and P1 (the inspiration for the Beretta 92)?

Well I have all of them and many for 30+ years so you might call me an enthusiast - but guess what I carry (and I am licensed) these days? Yeah a Glock. Namely the G23 and G27. And why? Well how about 21 oz unloaded vs. 31 to 38 for all steel plus unsurpassed reliability. Might be time for you to learn a new trick as well.

ETA:

Also don't you find your own quote a bit embarrassing? "For enthusiast like me who are not licensed to carry, my question to you is; with all the beautiful guns to choose from, why a glock?"
I thought I was clear on my opinion that Glocks are great for everyday carrying. If I was licensed to carry, for sure I would go for the lightest possible. For that matter; why not an all plastic gun. But I doubt a plastic barrel will ever hold up, and the same for the slide. My enthusiasm with guns is entirely recreational and hope to never have to use it for self defense. So not to side track the OP’s question; I stand firm in my suggestion that the Beretta is a much nicer peace. I know that the Beretta grip is rather large so only if your hands are big enough.

What’s even more embarrassing is to let someone’s opinion ruffle your feathers.

Last edited by testarija; 04-15-2012 at 12:49 AM.